Bnut selling out its members?

subnet_rx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
What I find as funny is that everyone is making such a huge deal out of this!!! Who cares? You got spammed!!! Check your junk email folder and email everyone there asking them where they got your email. I get a hundered a day to a junk folder.

2 forums with more than 10 pages dedicated to such a useless topic. Get over it folks and go put your hands on a bonsai tree!!

I am a member of all the forums and I didnt get one of these emails.

Jason

That is definitely one way to look at it, but it seemed to me after reading through the replies that some people are a bit more protective of personal email addresses than others. I do have email addresses that I readily hand out, but I also have one that I do not, and it does not get any spam. I would not laugh at people who care about their personal information. Some care, some don't. I don't fault or laugh at the ones who do care.

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
That is definitely one way to look at it, but it seemed to me after reading through the replies that some people are a bit more protective of personal email addresses than others. I do have email addresses that I readily hand out, but I also have one that I do not, and it does not get any spam. I would not laugh at people who care about their personal information. Some care, some don't. I don't fault or laugh at the ones who do care.

No one is laughing, but some are making accusations; and that is the problem.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
No one is laughing, but some are making accusations; and that is the problem.

It's easy to combat an outrageous accusation.

1) have a solid reputation for honesty and good will.
2) deny the claim politely and with dignity.
3) don't be an internet punk/bully
4) don't act like you are better than everyone else... you aren't
5) ....
6) profit!

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's easy to combat an outrageous accusation.

1) have a solid reputation for honesty and good will.
2) deny the claim politely and with dignity.
3) don't be an internet punk/bully
4) don't act like you are better than everyone else... you aren't
5) ....
6) profit!

Thanks for the laughs...:)

Conversely, here is how to attract outrageous accusations:

1) Have a shady reputation for honesty and good will (no pun intended).
2) Vigorously deny any claim, and respond back with accusations and counter-claims of your own.
3) Be an internet bully.
4) Act like you are the authority in bonsai, documenting everything you say with an exhausting list of references, and adding long rants and editorials of your own.
5) Hit back hard, with a bone-crushing punch, every time someone blinks at you. Make sure the person you've hit is down and out cold, in need of a strecher.

:D;):eek:

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Come on, no one would do something like that on this forum. This is a very peaceful and meditative hobby.

I just made up an imaginary villain.;)

It should be but still we see the pot being carefully stirred---without reason.

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone

All right, I will say it out loud: It was a veiled reference to myself.
(My wife can testify. She told me tonight that she will leave me when the kids are 12 years-old. So why should I care anymore about anything..I am doomed.)

Last edited:
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Yeah and when the pot boils over then someone will complain and whine and point fingers, blame it all on the responder while crying, "can't we just do bonsai?"

Will

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I am reminded of dogs that chase cars, they just can't help themselves. Problem is when they do get hit it is the driver of the car that's to blame. Curiouser and curiouser.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Reminds me of the guy at the club who got into a brawl almost weekly and was always right in the center of the action, in fact starting most of them....one night, after another brawl, he told the bartender he was never coming back because he hated all the fights in the place.

Well this thread has been a real hit, plenty of reads and lots of posts, beat only by the Bonsai is for Morons thread..... who said people come here for bonsai, lmao.

The same people who made these threads so popular are the ones saying how bad they are....

Go figure,

Will

Last edited:

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This reminds me of the guy who refused to join a club that would have him as a member.
(No hard feelings guys, we are all friends here - it's a love-hate relationship, that's why we can't stop talking to each other. We all have the exact same goal: to make great bonsai.)

Last edited:

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
Marco has better things to do than hack or steal your email addresses. Trust me. ;)

(EDIT) Marco, while I admire your taste in beautiful women, they need to be wearing more clothes to be posted here.

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Reminds me of the guy at the club who got into a brawl almost weekly and was always right in the center of the action, in fact starting most of them....one night, after another brawl, he told the bartender he was never coming back because he hated all the fights in the place.

Well this thread has been a real hit, plenty of reads and lots of posts, beat only by the Bonsai is for Morons thread..... who said people come here for bonsai, lmao.

The same people who made these threads so popular are the ones saying how bad they are....

Go figure,

Will

An amusing thought just crossed my mind: It's kind of like a group of people, with uncontrollable flatulence, sitting around a camp fire wondering what stinks. Thanks Blazing Saddles.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
Here's Marco, hard at work hacking into an email list so he can bug the hell out of someone.

Harry

Attachments

• DSC01071.JPG
    DSC01071.JPG
    66.9 KB · Views: 28
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Lol, good ones guys!

Hey Harry, I always enjoyed reading your posts over at BT, nice to see you here, this place could use some wit and humor.

Will

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
On a rare occasion Marco will tear himself away from the computer to go to dinner with a pretty female (my niece).That's me your inebriated poster in the middle in the back. On the right is the designated driver Frank Kroeker and his lovely wife , owner of Sonlight Nursery. Good thing he doesn't drink. We had a hell of a good time and didn't annoy anyone, except me, I annoyed the rest of our group, just can't seem to help myself, but I can do that sober.

Harry

Attachments

• DSC01093.JPG
    DSC01093.JPG
    65.1 KB · Views: 36

BONSAI GARAGE

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6A
When Marco's not hacking email databases or sending spam, he works on little trees. What are they called again? Ones like this one.;)

Attachments

• 063.jpg
    063.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 13
Top Bottom