Bnut selling out its members?

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I see no useful purpose for spreading stuff to each forum...So why do it?

And I see no useful purpose in making groundless accusations about other forums or about Marco.

The simple truth is that probably Marco's email client, like many, retains email addresses that are sent, forwarded, or cc'ed to him and he most likely just sends to all.

As I said, harmless fun.

But you have a need to see evil in it, to suggest some forum sold out its members, to suggest that Marco would even be involved if they did.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
In all likelihood, a forum was hacked and the email addresses extracted. This forum's software is pretty up-to-date, so statistically at least, this forum is not going to be in the mix of possible candidates for the theft. I would look at the kind of software they use (the free forum software is usually more insecure) and how often they update.

So Marco "hacked" a forum to obtain email adresses to send out a few funny pictures to?

Come on.....

Reaction score
USDA Zone
The only thing Da Nut has done to sell out its members is to continue to allow Will to post anything other than trees or critiques on trees.

but what I find shocking is that there are individuals that are openly accusing him of a crime before anything is proven.
Exactly, which is why I posted this thread. Thank you.

Amazing, you come in, slam me, then you agree with me.

I think I should take up drinking,.......

Last edited:

subnet_rx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
So Marco "hacked" a forum to obtain email adresses to send out a few funny pictures to?

Come on.....

I never said Marco hacked a forum. In cases like this where several members of a forum start receiving spam email, many times a spam hacker is the culprit. Now, he may have been gathering these emails through other email farming methods, he may have bought them, I don't know. Sounds to me like he's gotten at least a few people angry over it. My point was really just to encourage forum admins to update their software to protect member privacy.

emk

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5B
Okay, maybe I missed something. A few months back I attended one of Marco's demos and voluntarily signed up to be on his email mailing list. Since then I've received a grand total of two (2) emails from him. Both were shameless self-promotional pieces, but there's nothing wrong with that...and certainly nothing that I'd consider spam. From everything I can tell, Marco is just an ambitious young man trying to establish a good public image. I can't image that he'd risk becoming a pariah in the bonsai community by purposefully spamming bonsai forum members (or just random people) with unwanted email.

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Because you suggested that this forum or other forums may have sold out their members and supplied one of the top artists in the world email addresses so he could send out a few jokes to them.

From your post at http://forum.bonsaitalk.com/258347-post20.html

"I never was on usenet, so who else does that leave?
Bonsainut,AOB,KNOB,Bonsaisite...
Who would sell out their members?"

The answer Irene is that no one would and no one has. Your baseless accusations should not go unchallenged.

Here's a hint for those of you who may have been "bothered" by Marco's emails, just reply and politely ask him to remove you from his list.

I just emailed Marco so that I can tell Irene, Flybri, and the other conspiracy theory people exactly how he gets his email addresses to send out his harmless humor to......before a lynch mob is formed.

Will

Will, get a real job. I could answer each of these but you are not worth my time...And who cares if you emailed him? You going from a victim to a knight in shining armour? Oh Please do not rescue us, you are a bad bean that spoils the pot for everybody.
Have a great Day!
Irene

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I never said Marco hacked a forum. In cases like this where several members of a forum start receiving spam email, many times a spam hacker is the culprit. Now, he may have been gathering these emails through other email farming methods, he may have bought them, I don't know. Sounds to me like he's gotten at least a few people angry over it. My point was really just to encourage forum admins to update their software to protect member privacy.

Ah yes, I understand, good move. I don't see how Marco would be involved with a spam hacker, but I do see your point.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Will, get a real job. I could answer each of these but you are not worth my time...And who cares if you emailed him? You going from a victim to a knight in shining armour? Oh Please do not rescue us, you are a bad bean that spoils the pot for everybody.
Have a great Day!
Irene

I have a real job, not that my employment has anything to do with you accusing forums of selling out their members.....

I am not rescuing anyone, I simply called you on your baseless accusations that this forum and others may have sold out their members.

You have a great day too.

Will

Reaction score
USDA Zone
I just received this email from Marco:

Will,

thank you for your email. I don't need to buy @ or to get @.
Everyone can subscribe to my mailing list from my website. I
do collect @ at my demos and event.

If someone doesn't want to recieved my @ they only have to
put a block sender to my @.

I'm very sorry if it may have caused any inconviniece and I
do thank you for writing such a kind words in my defense!

very best regards
Marco

Irene,

It would seem you owe a few forums an apology, as well as Marco.

What do you say Mom, are you grown up enough to admit you were wrong?

Will

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
This is what I recieved from him....
Even he does not know...

I don't know! I don't know who you are and honestly my mailing list as thousands and thousands of subscriber.

If you don't want to recieve any more emails from me, first of all I do sincerly apologize for the inconviniece and I do ask you to put the block sender to my email address and you'll be sure you wont be bothered again.

Once again, I'm sorry if I cause you any problems.
regards
marco
----- Original Message -----
Da : "Irene Britton" <irene_b@> A : <marco@marcoinvernizzi.com> Oggetto : RE: FOR YOU!
Data : Fri, 7 Nov 2008 06:59:56 -0600

> Please tell me where you got my email address?
> Irene
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: marco@marcoinvernizzi.com
> [mailto:marco@marcoinvernizzi.com] Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2008
> 4:21 PM To: irene_b
> Subject: FOR YOU!
>
> WATCH THE MARCO'S HOT VIDEOS
> <http://www.mybonsaitube.com>
>
>
> --
> Marco Invernizzi Bonsai - www.marcoinvernizzi.com
>
>
> --
> Powered by PHPlist, www.phplist.com --
>
>
>
>

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
The issue still remains.
I did not sign up for it so how was my email address included in his mailouts..

PaulStokes

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
4-5
Marco has sent an email to an email address of mine that very few people have and no forum has. So I find it very unlikely that he got them from a forum. There are many "robot" you can buy and have it scoure the internet, not web pages, but the internet for email addresses. He has put some money into promoting himself, I do no tsee why he wouldn't spend it on one of those.

subnet_rx

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I do have one piece of advice for him. If someone asks you to remove them from your list, you have to remove them or your breaking at least U.S. law if not international law. Asking that person to block you is not sufficient.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
Four Points:

• Marco's emails were obviously meant to be funny, it is a stretch to call them spam.
  • Don't assume he brought, stole, swiped, hacked, trojan obtained, or otherwise unethically aquired addresses until such is proved, if it even happened, which I doubt.
  • Don't accuse people, forums, webpages, or anyone of supplying such until it is proved, if it can ever be, if it ever happened, which I doubt.
  • Ask him to remove you from the list if you don't want the emails, don't accuse him or others of imaginary actions.

Will

Attachments

• english3.jpg
    english3.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 22

onlyrey

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I am a member of BT,Bnut,AOB,KNOB and have never got any spam mail about bonsai. It would be interesting to understand what the source is; might it be a Magazine? might it be an online bonsai shop?

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
I sell emails all the time - $10 dollar an email - that's how I finance this expansive hobby...otherwise I would never be able to buy trees...

buddhamonk

Chumono
Reaction score
I actually like spam - keep it coming

spam.jpg

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
What I find as funny is that everyone is making such a huge deal out of this!!! Who cares? You got spammed!!! Check your junk email folder and email everyone there asking them where they got your email. I get a hundered a day to a junk folder.

2 forums with more than 10 pages dedicated to such a useless topic. Get over it folks and go put your hands on a bonsai tree!!

I am a member of all the forums and I didnt get one of these emails.

Jason

Widgeon

Seedling
Reaction score
Jason, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Top Bottom