Bonsai and cigars!? Other relaxation vices

Tommykeolle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
So a relaxation hobby that pre-dates bonsai of mine has been cigars. I'm finally getting the hang of keeping these little trees alive so maybe some day soon I'll have a respectable pre-bonsai working on bonsai to share. That being said, I like the culinary craft, I enjoy new tastes and smells, and I definitely enjoy a good beer, whisky/bourbon paired with a cigar in my relaxation moments....

Are there any others?

Attachments

• 20181220_212137-picsay.jpg
    20181220_212137-picsay.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 51

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Welcome. I'm quite happy in the kitchen, or outside on the grill or smoker, cooking is very relaxing for me. I may also be known for enjoying a beer from time to time. Probably the most relaxing for me, is to sit on my patio in the summer, surrounded by flowers, and enjoying how happy my trees are outside,

Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I too enjoy a nice cigar. I also enjoy a nice pipe as well. Cigars are more of a warm weather deal for me. I think it's because the pipes keep my hands warm.

Steve C

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Other than bonsai & gardening, my main enjoyment/relaxation is fly fishing, fly tying & rod building, and aquariums.

I use to enjoy a good Corona cigar sometimes while fishing in the fall, but gave them up back 8 yrs ago when I quit smoking cigarettes.

Tommykeolle

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
I'm glad to see a lot of shared hobbies. I forgot to mention grilling in my list!

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Fly fishing, fly tying, and rod building were among the hobbies I indulged in with bonsai. It was bonsai and Yamadori collecting that stimulated the others. It was a package deal and went together like eggnog and brandy.

Anthony

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Shore fishing, river fishing, kite flying [ home-made ], white tea
or 7 year old mead [ just a very small glass ] Chinese cooking
and reading or inventing.
And off course tending the children [ trees ] as you all know
I can't design, just appreciate.
Back to weeding.
Anthony

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
I quit smoking about ten yeaTV seriesrs ago but I did love cigars.

Me too Vance....still into Bonsai and shooting handgun at the range,,, have also taken up Air gun handguns, Replicas in Old Western and modern day Semi Autos both BB and Pellet set up a short range in my basement, 7yds....have also taken up watching old TV series on DVD, Mike Hammer, Miami Vice, Black Sheep Squadron annnnnd original Michael Jackson DVD's, the kid was a genius...

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Me too Vance....still into Bonsai and shooting handgun at the range,,, have also taken up Air gun handguns, Replicas in Old Western and modern day Semi Autos both BB and Pellet set up a short range in my basement, 7yds....have also taken up watching old TV series on DVD, Mike Hammer, Miami Vice, Black Sheep Squadron annnnnd original Michael Jackson DVD's, the kid was a genius...

Pictures for this post.....I also added "Care and feeding" of my 2001 Chrysler PT Cruiser"...
All the handguns are CO2 Replicas Pellet and BB...

Attachments

• patip 5-16 001.JPG
    patip 5-16 001.JPG
    283.3 KB · Views: 23
  • patio bonsai 001.JPG
    patio bonsai 001.JPG
    232.8 KB · Views: 20
  • P6046828.JPG
    P6046828.JPG
    215.2 KB · Views: 19
  • P5086712.JPG
    P5086712.JPG
    265.1 KB · Views: 17
  • P1050753.JPG
    P1050753.JPG
    216.6 KB · Views: 16
  • WWCCA 2016 008.JPG
    WWCCA 2016 008.JPG
    274.9 KB · Views: 17
  • PC057346.JPG
    PC057346.JPG
    98.1 KB · Views: 15

Morax

Yamadori
Reaction score
Let's see... koi pond in back, starting bonsai, a good cigar now and again, riding the bike when i can... all good for settling the stress.. until the heater stops working, a new seed sprouts, out of cigars, and to cold for the motorcycle... ugggg:rolleyes:

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Too many interests. Plants in any way shape or form, particularly strange and odd ones that look as though they are from another planet. Traditional archery every day. Pottery. These 3 are the top of my list for relaxation. I probably should have mentioned meditation as well.

substratum

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Shooting sports, woodworking, history (particularly American History and the Civil War), genealogy, travel, gardening. Venturing back into bonsai has been a rekindling of a life-long interest, from which I took a 30+ year break. I make a living in the world of health policy, so I suppose public policy and regulatory affairs is sort of a hobby, too. I have a deep interest in Reformed Christian Theology, but don't count my faith as a "hobby."

Orion_metalhead

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Heavy Metal / Writing / Reading...

Been writing music critique for years now... started working on some short story / fiction as well.

Read every night for about an hour before bed. Prefer philosophy, sci-fi, history, classics.

The rest is heavy metal; playing bass, listening to music, indulging myself in cassette collecting and vinyl collecting. Etc. Been playing bass for almost 20 years. I really like making lots of noise.

Top Bottom