Central Florida

tree4me

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
OK, It's the first week of February, I have several trees, ficus and bougy, desperately needing re-potting. It's been 3 years. Is now the time?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Bougies like being repotted in the hottest part of the summer and ficus also benefit from a summer repotting. Even in Florida, I would wait a bit.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
For most of us in cooler climes late spring and summer repotting is advised but for warmer areas even tropicals can be done all year round.
If it is warm enough for the tree to grow it's probably warm enough to do root pruning as well.

Hope some locals will drop in and give opinions.

MomoBonsai

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9B
I’m also central Florida and have a bougie and ficus, just had a question do yall bring any if at all trees inside overnight? have juvenile pomegranate (which I brought in cause a couple have been overwatered and are struggling), Chinese elm, dwarf jade, couple junipers which I know are fine, bougie, ficus which I’ll bring in tonight cause it’s gonna be 43 in the mornin, prolly bring in my Fukien tea too. This is the first time I’m having tree issues I just killed my dwarf myrtle communis sadly due to water logging. The weather is driving me and the trees nuts hot cold hot cold what are we supposed to do ughhh

Kevin1968

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
OK, It's the first week of February, I have several trees, ficus and bougy, desperately needing re-potting. It's been 3 years. Is now the time
I live in Jacksonville, Northeast Florida. I get a little colder then you. Does the plant stay inside or outside? post pics of the plants so we can see the soil and condition of them.
I’m also central Florida and have a bougie and ficus, just had a question do yall bring any if at all trees inside overnight? have juvenile pomegranate (which I brought in cause a couple have been overwatered and are struggling), Chinese elm, dwarf jade, couple junipers which I know are fine, bougie, ficus which I’ll bring in tonight cause it’s gonna be 43 in the mornin, prolly bring in my Fukien tea too. This is the first time I’m having tree issues I just killed my dwarf myrtle communis sadly due to water logging. The weather is driving me and the trees nuts hot cold hot cold what are we supposed to do ughhh
I grow mostly deciduous now Trident maples, Chinese Elm, Zelkova elm, Dwarf Jade and a few Japanese Maples, I have grown Bougainvillea, Ficus, and Chinese Juniper here and I don't keep any of these inside over winter I put them on the ground near a fence to block wind and push mulch around the pots and cover with a light sheet when it freezes and uncover them once the freeze is over.

Top Bottom