Chinese Elm leaf question

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8/9
Hello all. Short time lurker, first time poster.

Was gifted a Chinese Elm for my birthday last September and somehow managed to get it through winter. Chuffed with myself I decided to repot at the start of this month as the old soil was regular compost. Repotting seemed to go well, nothing died, no leaves fell. Photo below is the day of said repot.

Social_Media_2048px-43.JPG

The last couple of days I have noticed something worrying with some of the leaves. They have gone pale, almost white and eventually drop off. It has 22C shade until about 3pm where the full sun comes around and is currently at 33C. From what I have read those temps should be perfectly fine. I water every other day at the moment.

Social_Media_2048px-60.JPG
Social_Media_2048px-61.JPG
Social_Media_2048px-59.JPG

I'm thinking maybe lack of nutrients as I have only given it a small amount of organic slow release fert 3 weeks ago and nothing else. I was planning on giving it water soluble balanced feed weekly starting tomorrow.

Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated.

Shibui

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9?
Appears to be older leaves that are affected so that's good. The tree wants to keep the youngest leaves in an attempt to live.
It is possible this is a delayed reaction to repotting but more likely it is running short on nutrients and has had to jettison some leaves. Try feeding with a quick acting soluble fert and see what happens.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

Sorry for the Post Delay.

That canopy looks quite nice!

Sorce

Top Bottom