Colected Ulmus procera evolution since 2008

Davidlpf

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Update 02/17/2019: Root work on a sunny Sunday morning.

Without substrate
before.jpg
Root pruning
cut.jpg
repot.jpg

And in the same pot again
after.jpg

Here you have a video whit different stages of the work.

And you can see a lot more of photos in my blog click,click;)

Greetings from Spain.

Last edited:

Hyn Patty

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Very nice! Thank you for posting this thread! I started a /lot/ of elm seedlings in the ground last year and am looking forward to doing fun things with them. They do seem to grow really fast and were stunningly easy to germinate like weeds.

Reaction score
2008 Raw "stick"
palo.jpg

Hola David. Is this stick (as you call it) rooted or was it a cutting? I am considering the possibility of rooting a larger elm cutting, so I'm interested in this case.

I've found a youtube video of guy from Spain who apparently has success rooting reasonably large elm cuttings... which is very interesting if possible.

Reactions: GGB

Davidlpf

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hola David. Is this stick (as you call it) rooted or was it a cutting? I am considering the possibility of rooting a larger elm cutting, so I'm interested in this case.

I've found a youtube video of guy from Spain who apparently has success rooting reasonably large elm cuttings... which is very interesting if possible.

Hi.

My case it was a sucker, which grew next to a larger tree. When I collected it, had a few roots already.

Good look!

jason biggs

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
The rootspread looks awesome and the tree seems very healthy...
Going to be a la liga champion one day.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Well done...mighty fine!
I like that you chose the low profile growing container. The tree seems to like the choice too. Well thought out plan. Give yourself a double “thumbs up”.

Top Bottom