Deck ‘Em.. C’mon... DO IT!

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Y’know.. each year.. we make massive personal sacrifices so that the children still experience similar Christmases..

This year... Our Sacrifices just didn’t quite add up like years past.. t’was a bit rough.

And underneath the tree is quite sparse..

But the kids, when seeing this.. said, “Wow! Looks nice! Good Wrapping job, Mom and Dad.”

...made me cry.DBCB8678-A79E-4F36-8461-9C3177BF1F0E.jpeg

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
How do you find “flat” spots in West Virginia?!? Hahaha!!

Awesome pictures! That looks A-MAZING!!!

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My gulag escapee is recovering quite nicely. Flowering and new growth.
Maybe berries just in time for Christmas?
IMG_20211213_072642_748.jpg
As soon as Christmas is over I'll start two-stepping it outside, then by January it'll be set for dormancy and should have just enough winter left to get it's chill hours in if I keep it on the north side of the house.

Also got some of my favorite ornaments from the ex.
IMG_20211213_073328_568.jpg
I like typewriters, and my mom used to have these wooden bird ornaments for the tree when I was a kid and always loved them, so when I found this cardinal about 10 years ago, I had to get it.
Maybe I'll try my hand some nicer birds if I have time to carve after getting Christmas presents made.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Every year my husband gets me an ornament, so our tree is filled with special ornaments and all of the ones the kids made in school when they were little. When we moved to this house 22 years ago the only casualty was the "First Christmas Together" ornament from the year we got married. :confused: Yours are very pretty.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My Son.... he... uhhhh..

Filled his “extra” stocking with canned meat!

View attachment 413392
Don't panic! 😉

My 10 year old daughter was more excited about her summer sausage haul than anything else she got for Christmas.
Several pounds worth by the end of it.

The Christmas Village has been disassembled until next year.:(View attachment 414210
Nothing makes a holiday more exciting than the anticipation of its next arrival.

Top Bottom