Disease or fungi?

Gori

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Last summer I lost a few plants due to unidentified disease/issue. Leaves begin withering one by one and finally the whole plant dies. A few days ago I noticed one of the plants showing the same changes as the last year. If it was withering due to minor underwatering, it would shows on most leaves at the same time and would not change color.
Unfortunately I don't have enough knowledge to find the right words to efficiently google. Any help would be appreciated.

20210608_133011.jpg

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Malus is problematic everywhere. You need to treat preemptively with standard Apple/Crab Apple systemics. And you need to start in May. Bayer 2-in-1 is good, or 3-in-1 is better.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Or just drink them systemics!

Did these just go outside recently? Or more hiddenly disruptive, move them from shade to sun?

The problem is in the 80% of this trees life and care we don't yet know about.

Sorce

Gori

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
This is how it looks closer.20210610_112904.jpg20210610_112926.jpg
Outside at least for a couple of months
And I already treated it.
Thanks everyone. Hope this year story will be better.

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Growing seasons around the world vary widely and it is difficult to get a perspective on what someone says when we don't know where in the world they are. If you go to the upper right hand corner and click on your Icon, you can add your location and people will be able to customize advice for you.

<<<<< It will show here.

In my part of the country most Crab Apples and many Apples get lots of diseases/fungi every year and some Crabs are mostly bare of leaves by August 1st. Systemics work best because otherwise you'd be spraying every other week. This has to be applied in early June before the first hot spell hits. (here) Apples need to be sprayed every 10 days with chems that are approved for human consumption.

Top Bottom