Diving into pottery

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I’m going in Wednesday to do a bunch glazing on test tiles. Thinking a tan/ rusty nail color
I love the idea of a rusty glaze. Watch out for the Amoco PC glaze that is rusty. It runs like water.
It is really smart to use test tiles, I just don't often follow through and I ruin some pieces. Seems like there is no changing me, in this regard I am a risk taker. Of course I get some incredible results sometimes that result in a one of a kind piece. This is more applicable in my non bonsai pot pieces and are always my best sellers.
BTW, super clean pots you are making.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I love the idea of a rusty glaze. Watch out for the Amoco PC glaze that is rusty. It runs like water.
It is really smart to use test tiles, I just don't often follow through and I ruin some pieces. Seems like there is no changing me, in this regard I am a risk taker. Of course I get some incredible results sometimes that result in a one of a kind piece. This is more applicable in my non bonsai pot pieces and are always my best sellers.
BTW, super clean pots you are making.
Which Amaco PC glaze # are you referring to? That's good info to know.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Man......I had to turn my head sideways to look at pics 3 & 4. That glaze is really nice!

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yes. It will be a dark oxide with dark blue. Kind of a castle natural rock look
Nice! I did my unglazed firing last week and 3 out of 9 pots had a slight warp on the rim. I'm scheduled for another firing tomorrow.

mwar15

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8B
Providing you used similarly maturing bodies you should be ok, otherwise you may get some pretty wild results, maybe even cracking or explosions when they vitrified.
Thanks, I have mixed anymore I found a good clay that works well and have stuck with it for now

Top Bottom