Donald Trump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
None of us will ever live to see that happen. The government would have to fall for that to happen. For it to happen under the rule of law, there would have to be an amendment to the Constitution, and that will not happen any time in the next many decades. Zero percent chance.
That you don't live to see it happen is highly debatable.

However, there are way more important thing to fix first in the US, like education. Smart people make smart choices. Dumb people, well they try arguing Politics on a bonsai forum - as if anybody really cares what they think.
Amsterdam tops the list of homicide rates in Western Europe with 4.4 murders per 100,000 people, followed by Glasgow (3.3 per 100,000), Brussels (3 per 100,000) and Prague (2.7 per 100,000). With 0.0016% of people in London being murdered, the city ranks just ahead of Canada and Serbia's largest cities.

The above is quoted from google.
Ah, Whataboutism! How sweet, a cold war Soviet propaganda technique. l'll cover it at the end, but I'll correct you first regarding your attempted deflection first.

I see you took your figures from the superseded 2012 report which were reversed in 2013 when they clarified that "according to Eurostat, it counted as homicide not just death by violent crime, but also death as the result of dangerous driving, abortion and help with suicide." You can better know your facts before you start arguing about stuff with me, otherwise you'll look stupid and we don't want that, do we.

There is a phrase for this kind of deflection that you are doing and it's called "Whataboutism" - it's a Soviet propaganda technique. It basically means that when I say "Why don't you fix gun crime by getting rid of guns?" you say "BUT WHATABOUT THE CRIME IN AMSTERDAM!!!!". You simply thought you could get away with answering my question by avoiding it.

just.wing.it

Deadwood Head
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
That you don't live to see it happen is highly debatable.

However, there are way more important thing to fix first in the US, like education. Smart people make smart choices. Dumb people, well they try arguing Politics on a bonsai forum - as if anybody really cares what they think.

Ah, Whataboutism! How sweet, a cold war Soviet propaganda technique. l'll cover it at the end, but I'll correct you first regarding your attempted deflection first.

I see you took your figures from the superseded 2012 report which were reversed in 2013 when they clarified that "according to Eurostat, it counted as homicide not just death by violent crime, but also death as the result of dangerous driving, abortion and help with suicide." You can better know your facts before you start arguing about stuff with me, otherwise you'll look stupid and we don't want that, do we.

There is a phrase for this kind of deflection that you are doing and it's called "Whataboutism" - it's a Soviet propaganda technique. It basically means that when I say "Why don't you fix gun crime by getting rid of guns?" you say "BUT WHATABOUT THE CRIME IN AMSTERDAM!!!!". You simply thought you could get away with answering my question by avoiding it.
That is not what that is....
That is you making believe that you live in Mao's utopian paradise, when we all know the truth...
I explained the second amendment for you. And I think that you medication is off, you should talk to your neurologist about that.

Bad guys don't have guns, right?
Put your helmet back on before you hurt yourself.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I say send muslim refugees to Honduras.

After seeing children with swollen stomachs from no food my last trip...I can't even comment my thoughts into words.

I will say this...their government won't even take care of their own...and there are many which have no food. So let's send thousands into an area where people are starving themselves. Is ludicrous!

But...no Mike...you didn't get my dander up. I found your comment showing lack of common sense. Maybe it was meant as a joke...but...I didn't laugh. Not when my mind's eye envisions those twins I held...and felt their bones under my hands and seen their protruding stomachs. I find no humor in such things what so ever. PERIOD.

Last edited:

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
:p Pot calling the kettle black. Not like you've not tried to argue YOUR point on the same topic. Thanks for the good chuckle. ;)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
:p Pot calling the kettle black. Not like you've not tried to argue YOUR point on the same topic. Thanks for the good chuckle. ;)
What a pathetically remark. Wow - how old are you?

So, tell me what I didn't answer? What do you want me tell you about some shit which is deflecting yet more questions about why the US is messed up?

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
What a pathetically remark. Wow - how old are you?

So, tell me what I didn't answer? What do you want me tell you about some shit which is deflecting yet more questions about why the US is messed up?
It's a common statement in my neck of the woods...one my own grandmother used at age 65. You are bantering as well. Yet comment on others. Sorry I laughed and can imagine my own grandmother now laughing at your comment if she had read it as well. Loved that woman! She had one liners she would toss out at a whim.

She also had a shirt that until I was older and explained to me...was song lyrics. Which was,"You didn't have to do what you did...but you did and I thank you." I was like...dang grandma! Lol she was a hoot. But...everyone one loved her one liners.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
That is not what that is....
That is you making believe that you live in Mao's utopian paradise, when we all know the truth...
I explained the second amendment for you. And I think that you medication is off, you should talk to your neurologist about that.

Bad guys don't have guns, right?
Put your helmet back on before you hurt yourself.
I've said it before - and I'll have to say it again. This kind of paranoid argument and frankly defeatist attitude is not helping your country.
Acting like the only way forward is to make sure you can defend yourself against "the bad guys", rather than try and address the significant social issues is much more putting your head in the sand. Europe isn't afraid to take "muslims" in - their religion is not the horror you've scared yourself into.

A weak stance - is this what you think?
It's a common statement in my neck of the woods...one my own grandmother used at age 65. You are bantering as well. Yet comment on others. Sorry I laughed and can imagine my own grandmother now laughing at your comment if she had read it as well. Loved that woman! She had one liners she would toss out at a whim.

She also had a shirt that until I was older and explained to me...was song lyrics. Which was,"You didn't have to do what you did...but you did and I thank you." I was like...dang grandma! Lol
I don't care much for what your old grandmother thinks, I'm trying to discuss this with you since you're the one with the opinion.

You seen to have rambled off somewhere safe for you where reality isn't necessary anymore.

I'll stop if it's too painful for you to carry on...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@jeremy_norbury you acted as if my comment would only come from someone of a young age. Just showing you that seniors also have good one liners. You aren't worth my time...I've grown bored of you...was just jesting because of it. You lost me a long time ago with your thought process. You're one of those folk...who would argue black was white. If you felt you were correct. Which is a futile battle of useless words tossed back and forth. Which is a useless waist of my time.

I'm fine with ones being anti-gun and what have you..but, when you are not from our country...I find it harder to listen to your points of view. I'm done poking you with a stick...I've lost the humor in it...guess that is showing my age...which is 45. ;)

watchndsky

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Oh, there's plenty of evidence that gun control greatly reduces gun related violence - only the US has some unbelievably strong fear of giving them up. Muh guns. It's irrational.

I live in a country with no guns in private hands - and we have so few murders.

Don't tell me the bad have guns - we all know that's a crock.

another attempt at self righteous, us-bashing condescension from eur-topia - but either way you are wrong. many pages back in this thread i highlighted why - im not wasting my time again, you can do the research the same as i have. data is how i make a living and you dont have to have special access to find most of it.

oh i forgot how this works - YOURE the smart one right? newsflash - this site is full of smart, above average people. bonsai is a rather nerdy endeavor in the western world, so you dont have a monopoly on intellect here. the ability to cherry pick a few numbers to make your point doesnt qualify you as an expert.

does your country have an illegal drug problem, gangs, organized crime and illegal aliens smuggling it all in? is there a huge disparity between the have and have nots and a welfare class who thinks the world owes them something and are willing to rob and take from others? do you treat your addicts or are they left to fend for themselves and break in in homes to make enough to pay for their habit. hows your mental health? do you have a high suicide rate (ours is higher than yours and makes up 2/3 of the gun violence statistics - a point that is conveniently left out on most occasions)

is your criminal justice system exceeding capacity directly related drugs and gang activity - to the point where the criminals that should be locked up are routinely let go or undercharged because the system cannot handle it? what happens after release - is there actual rehabilitation or do they just go back to the life of crime they had before? did you ever have 300+ million guns in your country to deal with after outlawing private ownership? if so can you explain how you possibly rounded up all those guns without creating another illegal black market (and how you ever managed to survive in the first place with that many guns in private hands?)

i could go on but it would be wasted keystrokes. you seem quite sure you are 100% correct in your simplistic no guns=utopia equation. but from someone who actually analyzes this data, you are way off on the complexity of the issue. always nice to hear from the experts who dont even live in this country, explaining how things are here and making apples to oranges comparisons.

your concern for the refugees is commendable of course and no doubt raised that high horse you sit on, just a few inches higher. from your avatar, it looks like you could skip a few of those big macs and maybe send a few their way instead.

And at the end of they day wtf does it matter to you? You don't live here so why the need to get on the post and insult the people who live here. You feel better about yourself now?

Guess number two to go on my ignore is another pompous European asshole.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I understand how some of you USonians can feel about weapons.

This new country (not so new for the natives) was built by people who were either religious extremists (the "Pilgrims", who got a hard-on when burning blasphemators, i.e. the natives and anyone wanting Freedom, especially the women who were kept in bondage, like in the islamo-fascist states).

And so some of you had to eliminate all the indians, even those who helped you not strarve to death, the blacks that some of you would somehow like to put under the carpet, those who denied a family histoty but made the white man's fortune at the beginning,

No wonder some of you will vote for a billionaire that escaped taxes, is a racist (except when he can buy a woman-toy), a sexist pig.

I just can't believe some are so desperate that they will vote for that stupid demagogue.

I know that many Americans have some culture, and common sense and they'll vote for the least of two evils. I mean, it won't change much for us either way, but I wouldn't like my American friends being represented by such a pitiful clown.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
History repeats itself again....

Yeah, can you believe it.

The Guardian (a "liberal" British newspaper) put some videos online for us to try and understand what was going on in the US.

That report made me somewhat sad:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...segregation-young-black-voters-election-video

I wonder: if there were fewer gun-toting wasps, would the US of A be the land of the free?...

So far, it looks like the land of the fucked-ups where almost half the population is so desperate (Where's my gun, where's my gun, the aliens are going to kill me!) that they are going to vote for any swindler that speaks their lingo: we are the victims! (BTW, the islamo-fascists have exactly the same kind of trick).

Yes, "History repeats itself again...": in the 1930s too, demagogues lead people to kill each other: tens of millions dead.

So yes, I'm what you call a "liberal":

- someone who thinks that religion has nothing to do with what ones live
- someone who thinks that we must share what we have
- someone who thinks that all strangers can be more to me
- someone who never locks his door, because here, only bandits and the police force can have deadly weapons.

Doesn't that make you feel like emigrating to a civilized part of the world?...

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Rabbit hole...sitting here thinking of my late grandma's one liners...and it clicked...my love of idioms! Many of her one liners were just that. See... @jeremy_norbury though it annoyed you. Your bantering accomplished something good...a realization I've never came to...until now.

Carry on...I will attempt to leave crumbs to lead your way back up...and out of this hole.
http://www.trump-conservative.com/n...to-help-beat-hillary-clinton-on-election-day/

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Last edited:

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Got kicked off this property today. The man didn't want his trees cut down and called the state police even.
I tried to explain to him it is Federally mandated. I also informed him that we had easement. You know what he told me? The whole system is rigged.
Should have known as soon as we pulled up we would be having trouble.
I didn't tell him that problem property owners get the special treatment when we come back to finish. That being he gets to sit in a police car and watch while we cut down not only the trees marked but also any that can grow up and hit it in 50 years.
I usually tell them that but he called the cops first and then came out. Boy. Won't he be surprised.20161105_162455.jpg

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
@M. Frary oh...that's not the way to handle it at all. When a company were trimming trees for the electric company. They actually came around to inform us this was going to go on. I was polite...and said I understood. And asked they not butcher one tree. If it needed trimmed back...if I might contact Goodings nursery to do the job. It was our dogwood. That is lovely in bloom. They were great...said they didn't see it being an issue in any way. Then...when they came through were gentle on what they did trim back. Commenting on my bonsai...and seeing I had a love for trees.

Anyways...with his being a butt...I can see a massacre of sorts out of spite going on. For his behavior. It's all in how one handles things.

Nybonsai12

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Non-Americans getting involved in another countries election and telling them how they should be doing things when they have never even set foot on our soil. How American of you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom