AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
White House aides' finances revealed in disclosure documents

Nepotism and oligarchy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-39465070

Well, it seems that some believe that those people will act for the benefit of the citizens.

Personally, I have much more respect for people like Pepe Mujica, who fought the dictators supported by a foreign power I won't name here, who fought for freedom, not money, and then led his country to democracy:

"His humble lifestyle is reflected by his choice of an aging Volkswagen Beetle from 1987 as transport. In 2010, the value of the car was $1,800 and represented the entirety of the mandatory annual personal wealth declaration filed by Mujica for that year. In November 2014, the Uruguayan newspaper Búsqueda reported that he had been offered 1 million dollars for the car, which was manufactured in 1987; he said that if he did get 1 million dollars for the car it would be donated to house the homeless through a programme that he supports"

That's what I call a man.

A great man, respect.

220px-Mujicatopolansky.jpg

Last edited:

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
At the early age of 13 I experienced a CE1K, A Close Encounter of the First kind....Scared the crap right out of me....I ran all the way home, about a mile, told my parents who just laughed and told me to have some milk and settle down........
I'll never forget that experience, I actually saw little people like figures with large black eyes and pointy little hands and fingers looking and pointing at me thru their windows for about 10 seconds then just propelled straight up and away.....

Stephen Hawking thinks you're a crank or a weirdo.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2012/06/hardly-hawking-physicist-relegates-ufos-to-the-lunatic-fringe/

I only see aliens when I use drugs in Portugal. I'm not sure if that's weird or cranky.

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
None of that would have happened when Portugal was a global force, y'know when they were plying the oceans in their tall ships! :D

When Portugal was a Global Force (Be what it may)
I just watched a really good movie last night, "Silence" directed by Martin Scorseci, 2016 Movie about a couple of Christian Priests from Portugal 1580's forward, they went to Japan to find an old mentor priest and save the Japanese from their old demonic religions of Buhdism and Shintoism, in that time period Japan did not want to be converted and were very, very cruel to any peasants that converted and any Priest caught practicing.....
I consider this a Masterful , Inciteful, Thought Trovoking Movie, Atheist's Types will especially like this movie, IMO....
You're welcome....

Wilson

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
When Portugal was a Global Force (Be what it may)
I just watched a really good movie last night, "Silence" directed by Martin Scorseci, 2016 Movie about a couple of Christian Priests from Portugal 1580's forward, they went to Japan to find an old mentor priest and save the Japanese from their old demonic religions of Buhdism and Shintoism, in that time period Japan did not want to be converted and were very, very cruel to any peasants that converted and any Priest caught practicing.....
I consider this a Masterful , Inciteful, Thought Trovoking Movie, Atheist's Types will especially like this movie, IMO....
You're welcome....
Thanks for the movie recommendation! Did you read the novel "Shogun" by James Clavell? A classic for me.

M. Frary

Bonsai Godzilla
Reaction score
USDA Zone
d save the Japanese from their old demonic religions of Buhdism and Shintoism
Then it's a work of fiction.
Because neither of these religions are demonic.
Never did a Shinto priest or Buddhist monk send violent Knights out on crusades to kill like the pope did.
Nor have inquisition like the catholics did.
Or witch hunts. Another Christian past time.
So some Christian monks and priests got chopped.
Big whoop.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
They were Demonic as far as the Christians of the Day were concerned, The Portugese as far as the Movie goes...See the movie it is very revealing...

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
They were Demonic as far as the Christians of the Day were concerned, The Portugese as far as the Movie goes...See the movie it is very revealing...

Maybe Demonic is too strong..........However the Christians of Portugal felt the Japanese needed conversion to Christianity & all it encompassed, Saving of the soul, absolution of sin, faith in one creator and so on....
The Dutch were also there but the Movie is not about them...Remember this is 1500's-1600's or Feudal Japan...

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Maybe. Hopefully, it's just the air strikes. And if the reports of using sarin gas on civilians are accurate, it was a very appropriate action to take. I'm not a fan of Trump, and I cringed a little watching his presser today, but taking out an air base that is used to carry out chemical weapon attacks is a good decision.

GroveKeeper

Shohin
Reaction score
If the reports are accurate, which I doubt. It makes no sense. Either way, what happened to America first? Looks like all of that money we cant find for universal health care and free college is going to be blown up on Syrian soil. Sweet.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
... ...And if the reports of using sarin gas on civilians are accurate, it was a very appropriate action to take... ...
If the reports are accurate, which I doubt... ...
All of us should doubt!!!

The "Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons" is is an independent, autonomous international organization with a working relationship with the U.N.
https://www.opcw.org/fileadmin/OPCW/EC/85/en/ec85dg02_e_.pdf

Document code EC-85/DG.2
PROGRESS IN THE ELIMINATION OF THE SYRIAN CHEMICAL WEAPONS PROGRAMME, dated 23 March 2017

page 2 - § 6a of above document
The Secretariat has verified the destruction of 24 of the 27 chemical weapons production facilities (CWPFs) declared by the Syrian Arab Republic.

page 2 - § 7 of above document
As reported previously, all of the chemicals declared by the Syrian Arab Republic that were removed from its territory in 2014 have now been destroyed.

michaelj

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
"almost certainly"? That's a rather bold conclusion, given what we've seen in the photos, videos and widespread firsthand reports.

my nellie

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9a
and My Nellie, Dalmat, ...
Why don't you people crawl back into the holes you crawled out of...pathetic
Οoohhh, it hurts so much, Bolero Dear. Doesn't it?
Here we come to history once again!
When Greeks were building their mansions with sewage plumbing, the rest of the world were hanging one hand from the trees! And upon jumping back to earth they crawled into their holes.
So, be careful what you post, Dear, because each and every time you will get the answer you deserve!

Cattwooduk

Shohin
Reaction score
3 Tweets from Trump before he was in office -

"
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

AGAIN, TO OUR VERY FOOLISH LEADER, DO NOT ATTACK SYRIA - IF YOU DO MANY VERY BAD THINGS WILL HAPPEN & FROM THAT FIGHT THE U.S. GETS NOTHING!
"
"
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

Now that Obama’s poll numbers are in tailspin – watch for him to launch a strike in Libya or Iran. He is desperate.

10:39 PM - 9 Oct 2012
"

"
Donald J. Trump

✔@realDonaldTrump

What will we get for bombing Syria besides more debt and a possible long term conflict? Obama needs Congressional approval.

"

Note the one referring to low poll numbers, something Trump is experiencing now. If he is as many people are suggesting, in some sort of cahoots with Russia diplomatically it's no real leap of reason to suggest - Trump needs a poll boost, how to achieve this? >>>> An air strike and/or military action in Syria itself (according to his own logic as seen above) >>>> how can we justify an air strike? Fabricate a reason to have an air strike. >>>>> Russia and/or Assad use chemical weapons on civilians. >>>> Result is an escalation whereby Trump has increasing reasons to go into Syria with the pretext of wiping out ISIS, while actually fighting anti-government rebels, Russia is in careful collaboration to avoid any US/Russia incidents. End game - Russia maintains valuable oil supplies from Syria, and upholds Assad in presidency, Assad has control brought back through rebel capitulation, Trump gets public backing and increased polls from intervention on 'humanitarian' grounds.

Might be a bit of a leap in logic to get those steps, but come on with everything else going on lately it's not really THAT far fetched is it!? All the news and investigation into Trump/Putin relations, it's going to be really really damn hard to find out who was actually responsible for the chemical attack, and looking at who stands to gain what by the way things are unfolding. That plus the rumours that Trump is already putting US troops into the region quietly possibly in preparation for such ground involvement.
Shits about to get real messy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom