dwarf cherry tree

rhawes

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Lost all its leaves a few months ago the branches still seem pliable should I wait and see if it grows new leaves or what is their anything I can do for it? I originally bought it from brussels and it came with bugs needless to say it has not done very well in the past year any advise would be appreciated!!

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Lost all its leaves a few months ago the branches still seem pliable should I wait and see if it grows new leaves or what is their anything I can do for it? I originally bought it from brussels and it came with bugs needless to say it has not done very well in the past year any advise would be appreciated!!
Do you have pictures? It's much easier for the experts to help you if they see the tree

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Lost all its leaves a few months ago

I have a few trees that have lost their leaves due to the heat wave and insufficient watering. Most recovered after 3 weeks, pushing out new leaves : if it's been months, I'm afraid it's unlikely it will recover this year, or later. BUT : never give hope, I've seen some unexpectedly come back to life again in the following spring. It didn't happen very often, but it did.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
What kind of "dwarf cherry"? I had a dwarf Barbados cherry that got mad one winter and dropped all of it's leaves. It sat like that for almost 6 months. My husband kept telling me it was dead (which I thought it was also, but wouldn't admit it) then it just started growing. So don't give up on it too soon.

Top Bottom