EM42's Sand Cherry 50% off

em42

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
On July 7, I bought this tree from Home Depot's 50% off area - originally marked as $26.98 and purchased for $13. I'm brand new to bonsai and never had a purple leaf sand cherry so this challenge will be quite a learning curve but I'm looking forward to learning from the tree and from all of you.
I watered it a bunch and noticed it wasn't really perking up all over so I investigated the pot and found it was waaaay bigger than the roots (~3x) so I moved it to a smaller pot without cutting any roots & kept the same soil mix for now. Trimmed a little of the long branches back.
I'm having trouble uploading pictures here - maybe because I'm a newbie? - but I'll keep trying and get them here asap.
EM

em42

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Ok I think this method of uploading pictures is working. So here is the 50% off sand cherry on July 7th as purchased, with pricetag, and after repot & prune.

Attachments

• IMG_3327.jpg
    IMG_3327.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3329.jpg
    IMG_3329.jpg
    234.2 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_3331.jpg
    IMG_3331.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 38

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Wel t Cra!

Sorce

em42

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Here's the sand cherry, after lots of progressive chops through the summer, it is ready planted in a pond basket for the winter. Fingers crossed the chipmunks (or whoever the sneaky snacker is) don't eat ALL the branches!

Sand Cherry 202209.jpg

Top Bottom