Embedded Photographs?

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Some of you have the ability to embed these large photographs right in the texts. I assume it is necessary to use HTML code? Could you explain how this is done and perhaps give a working example for us HTML challenged? Please??

JasonG

Chumono
Reaction score
Some of you have the ability to embed these large photographs right in the texts. I assume it is necessary to use HTML code? Could you explain how this is done and perhaps give a working example for us HTML challenged? Please??

Hi Vance,

It is pretty simple...... I use photobucket.com to upload my photos from my pc to my webalbum on photobucket. Once the picture is in the album on photobucket it will give you the html code to copy and paste it into the text of your post. All you do is hover your mouse (or maybe 1 click) over the picture you want then a little box appears with the code. It is very slick, very easy and really fast to do.

I hope this helps....

Jason

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
You can do it from any web page as well. Here is an example.

If you are on a web page and there is a pic you want to put on here just right click on the image and you will get several options. The exact wording of the option you want depends on the browser you are using.

On Firefox the option is "copy image location" on safari it is "copy image address".

Then at the top of the text box that we type in to post, there is an icon of mountains and a sun, hover over that and it says insert image.

Click that icon, a box will pop up that says insert the url of your image

just paste what you copied from the web page you were visiting.

and you get something like
vance_wood_planter.jpg

the code looks like this:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Thanks guys, lets see if I can fumble my way through it tonight.

Graydon

Chumono
Reaction score
Cool but if the resource you are linking is deleted the photo will no longer appear in your post - correct?

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Cool but if the resource you are linking is deleted the photo will no longer appear in your post - correct?

I would assume you are correct. In Jason's directions, you would open a photobucket account so you would have control over the images.

Top Bottom