Evergreen Bonsai Club Newsletters

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Don't know if anyone will enjoy reading these, but I thought I would post a link to them anyway... They have some interesting things in them regarding PNW and west coast bonsai in general.

http://www.evergreenbonsaiclub.com/Newsletters.aspx

We just got our website going again, so it's still pretty spare, but it's nice having the newsletters available. The more people who enjoy them the better. :rolleyes: The site will be updated with new editions as they come out. I'm a big fan of photos, so you can always count on it being fairly photo intensive.

Kindest regards,

Victrinia

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Maybe because I use windows, but I found the reading window a little narrow. Is there a way I can increase the window?

Looks like good stuff there to read but I could only read about three sentences and pictures needed scrolling to see.
Looks good though.

Ang3lfir3

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Maybe because I use windows, but I found the reading window a little narrow. Is there a way I can increase the window?

Looks like good stuff there to read but I could only read about three sentences and pictures needed scrolling to see.
Looks good though.

You can either download the pdfs from Google docs and read them.... or print them.... or change you screen resolution to something bigger than 800x600....

These are the very same documents we send to people and how we print our paper newsletters.

These were developed on Windows (but they are pdfs so it doesn't matter) so that is definitely not the problem

Yamadori

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
There is a fine young man who keeps making an appearance in the newsletter images. He must be someone mighty special;):):D

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
There are times when I think he's in it too much...lol BUT I can't fault that he's always involved in everything as much as I, and I'm behind the camera thank goodness...lol We have a VERY small club... less than 30 active members... they love the newsletter though, and don't seem to mind that it's usually got us involved in the newsletter one way or another because of all the things we go to and do.

You know how it is with newsletters... prodding members to get involved is like pulling teeth...lol

I have hopes though of expanding that horizon... I actually had a member indicate that he might let me come take photos of his trees... I thought that was GREAT! lol :D

Nice thing is that the newsletter gets out via email to almost 200 people... so that makes the effort more worthwhile. Hence my interest in letting people know about them here. There's some interesting stuff in there... and that is always worth sharing.

If I can tempt you up here for the convention, you know you'll end up in it. ;)

V

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's fixed now. For some reason the upper portion of the page was the only thing loading. Must have been a glitch. Now the whole thing loads as it should.

Thanks, Al

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
My friend...

If you download it instead... you'll be able to see the high res version of the photos in it. The Google docs lowers the res to speed up viewing. But if you wished to see the photos better... then just download them. Glad it's working for you now. :)

V

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Wow looks like a big weekend, Vic you and Eric have a lot of work in front of you Good Luck.

Check your pms I saw something you might need to address.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Yah... everytime I turn around I find out I am responsible for something new... who knew being registrar was such a task! :eek:

Thanks again for the typo catch...lol

V

mcpesq817

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Really cool newsletter - I'm sure your club members appreciate all your hard work that goes into it.

Thanks for sharing!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
They tell me that they are spoiled at this point.... but that's what makes it worth the effort... trying to expand their bonsai experiance means a lot to me. They always appreciate it very much.

The well hasn't run dry yet... thank goodness... so I remain hopeful to be able to keep up the features for some time.

I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Victrinia

Just Duane

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That is a solid newsletter! I like it! Good job & the photography is awesome:)

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Bubba.... We are pretty darn lucky to have so many great artists local to the region or on the coast in general. We don't get a lot of European's... Walter sometimes and Jeker are the two I've seen in recent years... but that's just because the cost for bringing them over is pretty high. So it's more a matter of - if they happen to be touring around to many clubs then we'll see about getting them.... but we have enough talent in the west (Daniel, Kathy, Micheal, David, to name a few) that we don't feel the lack.

Duane.... Thanks for the compliment!

I'm glad you two enjoyed it also. I looked at the Google analytics on the site, and we've had 150 visitors from 9 countries :eek:... that's pretty cool! Bonsai folk love having something to read... and while it may be very western focused, seeing how things are going in a region is also kind of cool.

Thanks for looking gents! (and everyone else)

Victrinia

Top Bottom