Fall Colors 2016 - Post 'em up!

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Yes @JoeR .....

It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that you, (or a qualified surgeon) can do open heart surgery in Machs garden.....

Nice Serg.

Nice!

Sorce
I've not been successful with keeping JM leaves in good shape; either the sun, a missed watering, or pests/disease gets to them... But, there is always next year

Though my kotohime almost made it all season with healthy leaves

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I've not been successful with keeping JM leaves in good shape; either the sun, a missed watering, or pests/disease gets to them... But, there is always next year

Everytime I look at my ratty fall leaves...

I think about Mach and these maples.

Shade? Defolitation? Allah?

Who knows!?

Bloody nice!

Sorce

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

Last year in mid October my entire season of hard work towards good autumn color went out the window when temps went down to 21F while I was away on travel. It fried the leaves on just about every tree I had. God has a unique sense of humor :(

BTW kotohime is not reliable when it comes to autumn color. I have one and it looks like it tends to peter out at end of season. Wonderful maple though!

Semi naked arakawa.

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Last year in mid October my entire season of hard work towards good autumn color went out the window when temps went down to 21F while I was away on travel. It fried the leaves on just about every tree I had. God has a unique sense of humor :(

BTW kotohime is not reliable when it comes to autumn color. I have one and it looks like it tends to peter out at end of season. Wonderful maple though!

Semi naked arakawa.

Sorry to hear that :oops: and yes he does :confused:

I didn't know that you had a kotohime; is there a thread here on bnut about it? I have yet to see their fall color (or lack there of), mine should change here shortly...

I still love kotohime, even if their fall color is marginal

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that :oops: and yes he does :confused:

I didn't know that you had a kotohime; is there a thread here on bnut about it? I have yet to see their fall color (or lack there of), mine should change here shortly...

I still love kotohime, even if their fall color is marginal

Yes I got one from Bill with a very well developed base with the canopy yet to be designed. I do not have a thread of it, but I plan on starting one in spring. Kotohime is truly wonderful regardless of its often lackluster autumn color. One only has to look at Bill's outstanding kotohimes to fall in love with them! If you do get color on yours please do share! :)

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Ahhh, fall's pancake color of freshly picked chanterelles.

The summer here was too hot and dry, mushrooms are very scarce here.

The temps dropped to -1 or -1.5 Celsius for a couple of days in tha past ten days, nothing serious, and now they're a bit up again with a lot of rain, so maybbe we can find some in a couple of days...

Top Bottom