Fall Colors 2016 - Post 'em up!

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Acouple of pics taken between Ocober 31st and today:

Acer palmatum 'Beni Hagoromo'.
I'd really like to make a bonsai from a cutting or air-layer from this one, the leaves are so unusual, and the colours beautiful:

acerp-benihag02_161031a.jpg

The same, April, May, June:

acerp-benihag02_160427a.jpg acerp-benihag02_160515a.jpg acerp-benihag02_160601a.jpg

Acer palmatum 'Arakawa'
:

acerp-arakawa_161031a.jpg
Acer discolor.
The leaves are a bit coarser and slightly bigger than Acer buergerianum, but the colours are exceptional. I'm going to repot one and plant the other one in the ground to fatten it up and take some air-layers. In the spring because like A. buerger. it is not as hardy as A. palmatum.
(For those who are interested, I can PM you the web address of the conservatory I got it from, they ship all over Europe).

acer-discolor_161031a.jpg

Acer palmatum 'Little Princess' (aka as 'Mapi-no-Machi Hime'.
Although the photo was taken with a flashlight these are more or less the true colours, shades of light green, gold and orange, with red veins.
Pity it's such a lousy bonsai so far...

acerp-mapi01_161108a.jpg

LanceMac10

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Looks like that cheese with the wine in it!!!!
Who gotz' the Saltines?!?!:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ease up on the shed!! Your gonna' need that thing!!!:mad::mad::eek::mad::mad: :D:D:D:D:D:D

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
I bought my first maples some 25 years ago: an Acer buergerianum (about 15 cm tall - 6 inches), and a 3-4-year-old Acer palmatum seedling.

Before I killed the original A. p., I had done a few cuttings, and this one in my garden is about 20 years old. I made many air-layers from it.

It's about 3+ meters tall (about 10 feet) and has just begun to change colours. Hundreds of samaras this year.

ja.acerp_161110a.jpg

ja.acerp_161110b.jpg

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Acer palmatum in autumn colors from October to mid November.

DSC_9721.JPG

DSC_9531.JPG

DSC_9508.JPG

DSC_9698.JPG

DSC_9556.JPG

DSC_9685.JPG

DSC_9692.JPG

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Very nice tree Maros.

So you already had some snow... I saw on another forum (UBC maple forum) that it snowed heavily in Kent, England, earlier this week and we also had a few snoflakes on Monday morning here.

Crazy weather. Such a hot and dry weather this summer, and now winter is coming a bit too soon. Typical of global warming conspiracy theory: the Chinese must know now that they're villains who shouldn't play with the weather, for the times they are-a-changing, huh huh... :p

aml1014

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
My teachers shumard oak.20161112_154015.jpg
Her salt cedar colored up nicely20161112_164911.jpg
And all her trees were tucked away last night for winter. We're gonna have a random 2 night cold snap in the mid 20s this week.20161112_171205.jpg
Always a fun lesson in tree packing lol.

Aaron

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Very nice tree Maros.

So you already had some snow... I saw on another forum (UBC maple forum) that it snowed heavily in Kent, England, earlier this week and we also had a few snoflakes on Monday morning here.

Crazy weather. Such a hot and dry weather this summer, and now winter is coming a bit too soon. Typical of global warming conspiracy theory: the Chinese must know now that they're villains who shouldn't play with the weather, for the times they are-a-changing, huh huh... :p
We had just a few flakes in the morning. Just enough to take few shots in the garden. But we do not have snow before end of the year usually at my area. In northern parts of Slovakia it is different, but in southern part snow before Christmas is rather rare. True is weather is quite crazy in last decade. I think we will have a lot of "fun" with weather extremes in our lifetime.

Top Bottom