First workshop...

hampton

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
After a year or so of puttering around, reading, and impulse buying I've had the opportunity to sign up for a Beginner Workshop at New England Bonsai.

The overview seems to be fairly straight forward, introductions, a tour of the nursery, and finally picking a piece of material to purchase and work with.

I'm very much looking forward to meeting some folks and having a face to face bonsai interaction. If anyone has any recommendations or tips I'm all ears. This post is mostly because my wife has lost interest in my excitement and I wanted to share with someone.

Have a great day!

Tums

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Are the tools and wire provided? Was looking at some workshops at Bonsai West in Littleton and it varied, although beginner workshops usually included everything.

Japonicus

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I love NEBG. They have akadama back in now too.
I have a picture somewhere of their quarantine hoop house for Japanese imports.
All I could do is look from a distance and drool and whimper like a dog.
Will John Romano be the instructor in your class? If so, tell him Dave from the Wednesday night open work bench sessions (approximately 15 years ago) says hello!
He did a tele-visit with me giving some advice on a couple dwarf EWP back about that time.
That was a short lived "offering" maybe you'd call it, he did back then.
I emailed a couple of pictures, and we talked on the tele about what I might do...

Top Bottom