First workshop...

hampton

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
After a year or so of puttering around, reading, and impulse buying I've had the opportunity to sign up for a Beginner Workshop at New England Bonsai.

The overview seems to be fairly straight forward, introductions, a tour of the nursery, and finally picking a piece of material to purchase and work with.

I'm very much looking forward to meeting some folks and having a face to face bonsai interaction. If anyone has any recommendations or tips I'm all ears. This post is mostly because my wife has lost interest in my excitement and I wanted to share with someone.

Have a great day!

Are the tools and wire provided? Was looking at some workshops at Bonsai West in Littleton and it varied, although beginner workshops usually included everything.

I love NEBG. They have akadama back in now too.
I have a picture somewhere of their quarantine hoop house for Japanese imports.
All I could do is look from a distance and drool and whimper like a dog.
Will John Romano be the instructor in your class? If so, tell him Dave from the Wednesday night open work bench sessions (approximately 15 years ago) says hello!
He did a tele-visit with me giving some advice on a couple dwarf EWP back about that time.
That was a short lived "offering" maybe you'd call it, he did back then.
I emailed a couple of pictures, and we talked on the tele about what I might do...

Back
Top Bottom