Formal Upright Elm or other deciduous

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm looking for pictures of "traditional"/classic formal upright deciduous bonsai.

Yes, the "dreaded" schtick pine tree styled deciduous trees that seem to have have fallen out of favor. I'm looking for ones that "work", really look good or are really interesting.

Not interested in lectures on "naturalistic style" or "making my bonsai look like a tree not vice versa...".... I know how elms grow in nature. I can get that on other sites... :D

Why? I bought one as part of a collection buy for the nursery and I'm debating on how to proceed with it. I'm not interested in drastically changing the style of this particular piece as its quite far along. I also know very old deciduous trees can approach this style so I don't consider it totally inappropriate... I'm just trying to get excited about it, get some inspiration from somewhere other than my bookshelves; I want to see what others might get excited about in this instance.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

Sekibonsai

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
More so the first link... there's a shot of a Seiju Elm visible in one of the photos that is pretty much what I'm talking about. Didn't see anything relevant in the TT link...

Top Bottom