Getting ready to post 3 videos, What's the best day to post?

Ry2Tree2

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Hey Bill, I have always enjoyed your videos in the past and have tons of raw footage from Elandan that I've been recording since July, but I haven't gotten around to editing it (I'm hoping to get started on some of it real soon!). Did you get started using a proprietary video editing software, or the free stuff like Windows movie player and iMovie? My only video editing experience in the past was for the rare video-based class project years ago.

Last edited:

music~maker

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Hey Bill, I have always enjoyed your videos in the past and have tons of raw footage from Elandan that I've been recording since July, but I haven't gotten around to editing it (I'm hoping to get started on some of it real soon!). Did you get started using a proprietary video editing software, or the free stuff like Windows movie player and iMovie? My only video editing experience in the past was for the rare video-based class project years ago.

iMovie's a good place to start, but eventually you hit the limitations and realize that all your stuff is now stuck in iMovie. =) But it can manage basic edits just fine, and is a reasonable place to start. Having edited a ton of video over the years, I'd personally recommend just jumping straight into FinalCut or Premiere if you really want to dig into video properly. Those are probably the two best tools out there for end users, and you'll learn how to do things properly from the beginning.

And if you have access to a mac, I'd use that over a windows machine for video.

Wee

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
I watched some of your BC videos a year or two ago....Nice work.

Brian

Maros

Chumono
Reaction score
Quote of the week :)

...and if you ever wonder why American English is a difficult language to learn - try explaining this phrase to someone who isn't a native speaker :)

Go, try it Bnut. I'm all ears :)

Top Bottom