Golden Mop chamaecyparis False Cypress

Underdog

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Perhaps your soil mix is part of the problem. Chamys like a lot of water but do not like being waterlogged. What is your soil mix like giving specifics would be helpful. I suspect this to be part of the problem.
Mine is listed above and not causing me any grief. Post 34 other than the noted fines building up.
I'm assuming you are talking to notopskys?

NoTopSkies

Yamadori
Reaction score
Wellll, I had done a repot from the plastic nursery pot from Lowes last Spring already. I wonder if I can try to gently remove the moss on top and then replace about half of the soil with new soil in the same pot?
We managed to get a bottle of the chelated iron today. It is in decon right now for the virus. I am wondering if that might help?

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
Wellll, I had done a repot from the plastic nursery pot from Lowes last Spring already. I wonder if I can try to gently remove the moss on top and then replace about half of the soil with new soil in the same pot?
We managed to get a bottle of the chelated iron today. It is in decon right now for the virus. I am wondering if that might help?
Personally I think the tree should be left alone other than to make sure it gets enough water, and not too much water. It always comes down to water. The problem is once you start fooling around with a tree you will usually kill it.

Top Bottom