Good Japanese Maple bonsai book?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I know there are a few great Japanese Maple books out there, but are there any decent Japanese Maple Bonsai books? Does anyone own the new one by Peter Adams and do you like it?

darrellw

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I have the new Peter Adams book, and it is pretty good. It has quite a bit of information on different ways to develop stock, and about 20 progressions of different trees. Note that the book is as much about tridents as Acer palmatum. Overall, I think it is worthwhile.

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I have "Bonsai with Japanese Maples". I think the book is good. It really depends on your current skill level. If your wanting the basic/beginner info. on Japanese and trident maples then it's good. But if your wanting to take your tree to the next level of development, then I don't think you'll find it in here. This comes with experience and talking to the experts one-on-one. I am not expert but beyond the beginner phase.

DaveV

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Sorry BNut. I didn't look at the date of your post, Jan 2007. You probably already have the book and developed your own opinion. Sorry.

Top Bottom