Got $6 grand? Tommy Lee workshop

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This thread seems like an odd place to admit not understanding how charitable events work

OK. Meanwhile thanks for the beating, master. I think I figured out what to do, but never can tell at first what the lessons are.

Nah.
Sitting on the pot talking about pot, that's the sh't! :D
nah, sitting on the pot, talking about pot, thats dope

did i get the slang right?

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
So you do get it...to a degree then.
I do use the smart TV for YouTube music.

When my husband went to Africa...for two weeks years back . Before smart TV's... I never turned the TV on that entire time. So yeah... my day is filled with TobyMac. 😉 I would miss my music...now. It's the only thing the TV is good for. 🙃

I have a teeny TV.. that I mostly use for YouTube music.

Toby Mac Is still creating!?!?

DC Talk was my Jam when I was a schoolboy.

Newsboys, OGG (Original Gospel Gangstas), Twilah Paris and P.O.D. as well.

😁

My parents didn't allow me secular music.

(I EDITED this post JUST to say "Newsboys, WOOOO!" 🤣)

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I have a teeny TV.. that I mostly use for YouTube music.

Toby Mac Is still creating!?!?

DC Talk was my Jam when I was a schoolboy.

Newsboys, OGG (Original Gospel Gangstas), Twilah Paris and P.O.D. as well.

😁

My parents didn't allow me secular music.

(I EDITED this post JUST to say "Newsboys, WOOOO!" 🤣)
Yes! He's still around. He's my top in my music Playlist. I only listen to Contemporary Christian. But was allowed secular music growing up. But only around friends to be honest did I listen to music...or the skating rink. I didn't play it at home. Newsboys...I still listen to them
The others...not in my spectrum. Or...maybe I do and the artist name is alluding me.

Tobymac 2023 tour...at 58 he is still going strong.

HorseloverFat

Squarepants with Conkers
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Yes! He's still around. He's my top in my music Playlist. I only listen to Contemporary Christian. But was allowed secular music growing up. But only around friends to be honest did I listen to music...or the skating rink. I didn't play it at home. Newsboys...I still listen to them
The others...not in my spectrum. Or...maybe I do and the artist name is alluding me.

Tobymac 2023 tour...at 58 he is still going strong.

Yeah! Still looks and sounds great!

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'm soooo old. When I was in high school in the 70's and college in the 80's we had SO MANY great bands, genres and artists. Too many to name, you lived by the radio back then. Rock, prog rock, hard rock, heavy metal, Blues Rock, punk, New Wave, outlaw country, the Laurel Canyon crew (which is a BIG group), funk, disco, R&B, The Mighty Zeppelin, Bowie, Ramones, Patty Smith, Bob Seger, Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, The Stones, Aerosmith, Queen, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, The Runaways, Van Halen, Prince, Michael Jackson, Willie, Waylon, Haggard, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynett, Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle, Dwight Yoakum, Skynyrd, Parliament, Commodores, U2, The Stooges, the Misfits, Aretha, James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, The Pogues, Green Day, Billy Idol, Tom Petty, The Clash...and yes Motley Crue...and those are just the start of the headliners. Too many great smaller bands to list.

I listened to all of it. Appreciated all of it. Went to see it in person.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
I'm soooo old. When I was in high school in the 70's and college in the 80's we had SO MANY great bands, genres and artists. Too many to name, you lived by the radio back then. Rock, prog rock, hard rock, heavy metal, Blues Rock, punk, New Wave, outlaw country, the Laurel Canyon crew (which is a BIG group), funk, disco, R&B, The Mighty Zeppelin, Bowie, Ramones, Patty Smith, Bob Seger, Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac, The Stones, Aerosmith, Queen, Pink Floyd, ZZ Top, The Runaways, Van Halen, Prince, Michael Jackson, Willie, Waylon, Haggard, Loretta Lynn, Tammy Wynett, Townes Van Zandt, Steve Earle, Dwight Yoakum, Skynyrd, Parliament, Commodores, U2, The Stooges, the Misfits, Aretha, James Brown, Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, The Pogues, Green Day, Billy Idol, Tom Petty, The Clash...and yes Motley Crue...and those are just the start of the headliners. Too many great smaller bands to list.

Motley Crue and others 80’s hair metal is so corny lol the singer now sounds like my mom when she’s angry . Only real metal back then was the big 4 or 5 depending who you ask.

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Motley Crue and others 80’s hair metal is so corny lol the singer now sounds like my mom when she’s angry . Only real metal back then was the big 4 or 5 depending who you ask.
Oh yeah, you remind me of the certain attitude that followed many of those acts... 😁 Who cares if "Same Old Situation" is corny. It was fun at the time. Same for the Scorps, AC/DC, Sabbath, Priest, Motorhead, etc.etc. etc.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Oh yeah, you remind me of the certain attitude that followed many of those acts... 😁 Who cares if "Same Old Situation" is corny. It was fun at the time. Same for the Scorps, AC/DC, Sabbath, Priest, Motorhead, etc.etc. etc.
Welll actchewallyy the new wave of British metal/ misfits influenced the big 4/5 so Motörhead , Priest , Iron Maiden , 1970-1980’s Misfits , Diamond Head, get a pass in my book if we’re gonna talk about elitism in 1970-80’s metal.

SWfloirda

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
I'll throw my $0.02 in. I went to see Motley Crue at the Iowa State Fair in '84ish and then in Baltimore around '86. I wasn't huge fan of the hair bands it was just the place to be on those particular nights and back then their shows were fun before Vince Neil looked like anyone's mom. I was a "real" metal fan listening to Iron Maiden, Slayer, Metallica, etc. As I've gotten older I can appreciate a wider variety but still prefer the heavier music.

As for this thread's topic I think it is great he offered his time to help raise money for the scholarship. I wish I had been randomly shopping at Wigert's when he visited it would have been pretty cool to see him there.

BobbyLane

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score

and most of this music is still relevant today. Oldies but goodies.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8 b
I was on the toilet the other day texting with Tommy about bonsai pots. He was on tour in Germany with Def Leppard. What a world we live in it is so small...
I have to say I had a good laugh at this . TMI lol . You are right about what a small world and connections .

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a

That list is fantastic but would be even better if Stevie Ray Vaughan was on it... didn't you grow up in Texas;)?
(You did have ZZ Top on there so I'm cutting you some slack:D)

Reactions: Ply

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That list is fantastic but would be even better if Stevie Ray Vaughan was on it... didn't you grow up in Texas;)?
(You did have ZZ Top on there so I'm cutting you some slack:D)
SRV definitely should have been there. Apologies 😁

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
If there’s a debate over who would even be the fifth then big four it is, IMO. 😉

I saw them all on the same day plus Diamond Head (labelled the ’Big 5’) at Sonisphere 2012. Slightly past it in places, but that was a great day‘s music.

JudyB

Queen of the Nuts
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

LOL. As a monitor engineer in the 80's an 90's I can date myself and say that I did shows with at least 80% of the listed bands, including the harder metal ones listed. They were bread and butter for a few years. Did AC/DC the first time they were in the US, and lots of people didn't even know what they were. The first time we did Judas Priest, Rob came onstage on a motorcycle and this was a club! Was for sure a lot of fun and so much variety. We had a mid-large sized sound system and did regional shows, like a 6 state area, that's how it worked back then unless you were doing only arenas, then you used Showco or Clair. So we did all types of music and picked up full tours when a band wanted us. Did everything from metal to pop to country to Christian rock to prog rock (one of my favorite tours was UK) Motown and jazz. I could go on forever with stories....

Last edited:

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
If there’s a debate over who would even be the fifth then big four it is, IMO. 😉

I saw them all on the same day plus Diamond Head (labelled the ’Big 5’) at Sonisphere 2012. Slightly past it in places, but that was a great day‘s music.
Exodus is the fifth

Top Bottom