Grrrrrrrr...so mad!

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
If you're gonna mix cats and bonsia, grow bigger trees, get bigger pots. If the feline can move the pot, your trees aren't large enough...;)

These pots were purchased mostly because I loved them, and I didn't have any particular tree in mind for any of them. Over the last year, a juniper and japanese red pine I've been growing have progressed enough to the point where I thought they might be ready for some of these. Funny thing, though...I thought the pots would be more likely to get damaged outside on the bench then in my bedroom:p:confused:....AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH...#%$#*& cat!!!!

PS I don't have alot of smaller trees which is why I've got all these medium sized pots collecting dust on my cabinet...all the big pots have trees in them already, and the cat doesn't go outside (YET!).

Last edited:

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
On a serious note, that sucks. I have 2 (small) Bigei pots, and just love the clay body on them. Those are some nice pots that remain!

Yes, I know. I owned ten of her pots until very recently:mad:. Seriously, she is my favorite tokoname potter, and whenever the opportunity arises, I'll by her pots, assuming I can afford them.

Brian Van Fleet

Pretty Fly for a Bonsai Guy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
You, my friend, are more then welcome to try. I'll have it waiting for you the next time you're in the Atlanta area...it'll be in a brown paper bag on the floor in my garage:eek:.

The pot, or the cat? ;-)

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Actually, the cat and our pug....just caught him peeing in the finished basement....I give up:(...

What a day!

I've been trying to talk the kids into "swapping out" our Aussie for some time...she cannot be housebroken. She's not longer welcome in the house, and now she goes in the bonsai garden. I'd take it personally, but it would be giving her too much credit...

on a positive note (maybe) Yorozu-en has a few Bigei pots listed on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300831486865

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
What a day!

I've been trying to talk the kids into "swapping out" our Aussie for some time...she cannot be housebroken. She's not longer welcome in the house, and now she goes in the bonsai garden. I'd take it personally, but it would be giving her too much credit...

on a positive note (maybe) Yorozu-en has a few Bigei pots listed on eBay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/300831486865

Well, I was just going to post how I'd rather have an unhousebroken 20# dog vs a unhousebroken 50# dog......when I realized I also have a unhousebroken 30# dog:p...I guess it's a wash.

ps thanks for the link. I do love Bigei pots and I don't have that one....hmmm;).

Last edited:

BigDave

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
did it on purpose I think

DSCF1298.jpg

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Here are most of my Bigei pots...looks like I need to dust:eek:.

Attachments

• DSCF1299.jpg
    DSCF1299.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF1300.jpg
    DSCF1300.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1301.jpg
    DSCF1301.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCF1302.jpg
    DSCF1302.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF1303.jpg
    DSCF1303.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 21

edprocoat

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That sucks ! For that price I would at least have to miss a feeding or two just to torture the cat, lol.

Just yesterday I lost a pot too. My dog wanted to play ball and he threw, well more like shook his head while letting go his gorilla ball which flew up and hit my bench hitting my Hess Cotoneaster knocking it over and busting the pot. Luckily? it was a cheapo pot, one that was made to look like a stone and I only had about $10 bucks or so in it. Problem is I am now in Florida and in the middle of some work so I have no pot, nowhere close to get one and my plant is setting in a piece of tupperware, at least its dormant right now.

ed

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
That sucks ! For that price I would at least have to miss a feeding or two just to torture the cat, lol.

Don't worry. From here on out, she will be locked up with the incontinent pug and the poop eating French bulldog in the smelly basement...

Last edited:

Brian Van Fleet

Reaction score
USDA Zone
8A
Don't worry. From here on out, she will be locked up with the incontinent pug and the poop eating French bulldog in the smelly basement...

Sorry for your luck, but that is the funniest thing I've read today...

Ron Dennis

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7B

Now this is funny! Could not happen to a more deserving cat.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

fore

Omono
Reaction score
Wow, $1200! What a loss Dave! But what makes these Bigei pots so expensive/special. That one you posted Brian was only $85 so far. Why the price disparity? (Sorry, I know nothing much about spendy pots and am just wondering the 'why' lol

Top Bottom