Haws watering can

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
Me too. Shoprterrain? I notice it’s no longer on their site now as well.
Yeah, exactly. I have plenty of watering cans but they are all cheap plastic and clog easily. Thought it would be nice to have a massive metal one.

D

Deleted member 32750

Me too. Shoprterrain? I notice it’s no longer on their site now as well.
I ordered back in February from Anthropologie (same company) and mine just shipped as well. I’m super stocked about getting it. I’ve used a Haws can before and they’re awesome.

Mycin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b

weetree3

Yamadori
Reaction score

scarriedoc

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
There's one for sale on the 99 cent bonsai Facebook auction page right now, fyi.

TinyArt

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For what it’s worth, Haws “indoor” plastic 1 pt. & 1 qt., and also Haws rose heads… No experience of sellers, just got curious & found them:

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Got my Haws watering can delivered. It’s really nice quality and gives a really good soft spray. I’m able to fill from my pond easily, and carry to the benches. It’s perfect for watering some of my trees, like my big japanese maple and california juniper, that have long low branching. With a regular watering can I have to water through the foliage, but not with this one.

The only drawback is it’s heavy when full, and you have to pour at a pretty good angle, so watering some of my trees on the high part of the bench can be difficult, requiring two hands. My girlfriend cant physically do it when I’m away.

590C6684-AFD3-471B-A4E0-0241DE757B5F.jpeg
1B344D76-6253-4DF5-B304-F82206CC80E9.jpeg
3D25F96A-429C-4D54-BB3C-5157488524B4.jpeg
A74101D5-40BD-4AF3-A38B-3F76B622549C.jpeg

Hartinez

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
For what it’s worth. I’ve been using my 5L Dramm watering can that I just love. I’ve switched to 100% hand watering and it doesn’t disappoint. I like the fact that the head is removable and intern cleanable. Means also watering with a shower type option or directly facing down. Very gently water. Plastic is uv resistant and what flexible plastic. USA made. $30 at my local nursery.
FD83C014-1401-47EF-851D-A70BFF28970E.jpeg64FFD667-89AD-4FEB-B317-73B827C968BE.jpeg48961691-446A-4C05-B59C-1465CFF496F2.jpeg

NaoTK

Chumono
Reaction score
I finally used my new Haws 9L. It is a beast. The spray is very fine but the area coverage is too large for me. It's like a 2ft diameter zone, so I waste water around smaller bonsai. I will stick with the plastic one for fertilizing and smaller bonsai. The Haws was probably designed for in-ground plantings and as a melee weapon.

edit: I think they sell smaller nozzles so maybe I can decrease the spray area.

bwaynef

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
For what it’s worth. I’ve been using my 5L Dramm watering can that I just love. I’ve switched to 100% hand watering and it doesn’t disappoint. I like the fact that the head is removable and intern cleanable. Means also watering with a shower type option or directly facing down. Very gently water. Plastic is uv resistant and what flexible plastic. USA made. $30 at my local nursery.
I use the same one, in Blue. I'm thinking about epoxying some sort of mesh where the neck meets the can portion to further prevent clogging at the head.

Ruddigger

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
The spray is very fine but the area coverage is too large for me.

Have you tried turning the nozzle around? If you flip the nozzle so its pointing down you can get closer to the pot and have more control over where the water goes, while still having a soft flow. It helps a little.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
View attachment 376976View attachment 376977View attachment 376978

yeah i got one of these this year and its great. i did have the cap pop off mid-watering once but its been fine since

D

Deleted member 32750

Got my Haws watering can delivered. It’s really nice quality and gives a really good soft spray. I’m able to fill from my pond easily, and carry to the benches. It’s perfect for watering some of my trees, like my big japanese maple and california juniper, that have long low branching. With a regular watering can I have to water through the foliage, but not with this one.

The only drawback is it’s heavy when full, and you have to pour at a pretty good angle, so watering some of my trees on the high part of the bench can be difficult, requiring two hands. My girlfriend cant physically do it when I’m away.

View attachment 376947
View attachment 376948
View attachment 376949
View attachment 376950
Nice! I went with the green one but that black can looks great

Top Bottom