Help me find the right shape pot for this microcarpa tiger bark

ceriano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Not necessarily... I could see an oval with a slant tree planted off center of pot with a lot of negative space below the slant with the span of some pot. Depends on canopy and the story you wish to tell.
I ordered an 8” oval pot from Matt O but it was too small. He has a couple of nice 12” pots but I feel that’d be too big for this size tree.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I ordered an 8” oval pot from Matt O but it was too small. He has a couple of nice 12” pots but I feel that’d be too big for this size tree.
What size is the current pot? 7 1/2 round. So an oval would have a narrower side, so yes...I can see the 8 inch not working. You need the narrow measurement of an oval pot to understand if it will work. It will need to be at least what your current pot is.

ceriano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
What size is the current pot? 7 1/2 round. So an oval would have a narrower side, so yes...I can see the 8 inch not working. You need the narrow measurement of an oval pot to understand if it will work. It will need to be at least what your current pot is.
Makes perfect sense thanks! Yes the current pot is around 7.5-8”

ceriano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
There’s one 9 by 7 one on the bonsai auction. That should probably work

Attachments

• 8230DEDC-F555-4983-9C03-7A7EA014B089.jpeg
    8230DEDC-F555-4983-9C03-7A7EA014B089.jpeg
    102.1 KB · Views: 6
Top Bottom