Hi from Ireland.

Funky Culchie

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi,
I'm a new member here from Ireland and a bonsai rookie too. Here to chat with like minded bonsai nuts.
Hope you guys and your families are staying safe and managing to cope with the lockdowns.

Woocash

Omono
Reaction score
Hi, welcome Funky. Same to you mate. There’s loads of nice, helpful folks and some fantastic information here so fill your boots!

BrianBay9

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hey man. Post some pics of your trees. Hope you and yours are doing OK.

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Staying home is fine....but I sure wish it would get warmer. A lot warmer. I think I’ve been practicing “social distancing” well before it had a name. So Ireland.....what are the most popular bonsai trees? Are you in Spring right now? Summer? Other?

Funky Culchie

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hey man. Post some pics of your trees. Hope you and yours are doing OK.
Hi Brian, great Irish name that!! Thanks, we are doing good. I hope we'll see the end of this soon.
I'll take a few snaps of my trees and post them over the weekend, but they are all at very very early stages.

Funky Culchie

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Staying home is fine....but I sure wish it would get warmer. A lot warmer. I think I’ve been practicing “social distancing” well before it had a name. So Ireland.....what are the most popular bonsai trees? Are you in Spring right now? Summer? Other?
I hear ya Tieball! Its warming up here nicely though, haven't seen much rain for a few weeks after a wettest February on record. We're in mid spring right now, cherry and apple tree are starting to blossom here on the east coast, so mid spring I guess.
Oh Im not really sure what would be most popular bonsai here but at a guess Id say pines, maples or perhaps birch, we got LOTS of birch here.
What trees would be popular in michigan?

Tieball

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I hear ya Tieball! Its warming up here nicely though, haven't seen much rain for a few weeks after a wettest February on record. We're in mid spring right now, cherry and apple tree are starting to blossom here on the east coast, so mid spring I guess.
Oh Im not really sure what would be most popular bonsai here but at a guess Id say pines, maples or perhaps birch, we got LOTS of birch here.
What trees would be popular in michigan?
Well....most popular are probably Pines, Japanese Maples, Chinese Elms and Ficus trees. However, every person has their own list of what they believe is most popular and most likely different than I mention. So...I have none of those trees. I have American Elm, Hackberry, Oak and Hornbeam trees primarily.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How i missed that ? i dont know, anyway Welcome, good to see another Irish around.
Where are you located ?

Funky Culchie

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I'd say Aye! But the eyes definitely don't have it! Or...

Welcome to Crazy!

Sorce
Hi Sorce, Sorry for only replying now, not been bonsai-ing much lately.

In a past life and for my sins, I trained as an actor. One of the techniques shown to us was using your eyes as if they are a camera lenses. Long story short, I was surrounded by 30 sicofantic egomaniacs walking about with their eyes wide open and popping out as if somebody just stuck a finger up their bum unnannounced and uninvited. Now that REALLY was crazy for ya! :D

Funky Culchie

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Top of the morning to you! Welcome to B Nut.

Thanks Frank. That's a beautiful achievment, running your own bonsai nursery. It is a little dream of mine, to own a nursery, but I dream often and they rarely come true :D

Funky Culchie

Seedling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
How i missed that ? i dont know, anyway Welcome, good to see another Irish around.
Where are you located ?
Hi! Thanks for the welcome. Sorry, I'm only back on the forum now and so only getting to reply. I am living in Meath at the moment, how about yourself? Anymore Paddy's here do ya know?

River's Edge

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Thanks Frank. That's a beautiful achievment, running your own bonsai nursery. It is a little dream of mine, to own a nursery, but I dream often and they rarely come true :D
Retirement can involve things we never found as much time for earlier in life. Although planting seed in retirement is a wee bit optimistic perhaps.:eek:
Have you seen the Japanese Garden at the Irish National Stud Farm! Some nicely developed Maples and Pines throughout the landscape. Enjoyed an afternoon wandering around there a few years back. Other than the Bonsai sales in the small shops ( Grafton Street) that was about all the Bonsai I ran into in Ireland. Not a one in any of the Pubs;)

AZbonsai

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to the site. Hope to see your trees.

eryk2kartman

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Hi! Thanks for the welcome. Sorry, I'm only back on the forum now and so only getting to reply. I am living in Meath at the moment, how about yourself? Anymore Paddy's here do ya know?
Hey,
Im in co.Wicklow, not many other Irish around:( but forum itself is great, add the location and USD zone to your account details, will be easier to advice if needed

Top Bottom