Hokusai Woodblock Print of Mount Fuji

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
This mid 20th century impression of a Mount Fuji Hokusai print was originally carved in 1833. Really amazing, showing advancements in art not yet seen in Europe, though he strongly influenced European art. The laminated information card in the last photo describes the piece. This was the way I often presented art at antique shows. Additionally, I professionally double matted this print with acid free archival mat and foam backing to drop right into a 16 x 20 inch standard frame. This was done about 15 years ago and I never got around to framing it. It is nearly ready to hang. The hard part has been done.
Price for this print is $75 with shipping in the USA. Payment by check, money order or PayPal to friends and family are accepted.
IMG_5169.JPGIMG_5171.JPGIMG_5172.JPGIMG_5173.JPGIMG_5175.JPG

hinmo24t

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7A
very nice!!
is the famous image of tsunami with mt. fuji in background and people on rowboats a woodblock?

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
very nice!!
is the famous image of tsunami with mt. fuji in background and people on rowboats a woodblock?
Probably. I sold my Hiroshige and Hokusai reference books a couple weeks ago, but I know they both did great waves, though it was kind of Hokusai's thing.

Top Bottom