Hoover Dam cliff edge tree

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Here's one of my favorites, from a local park called Chimney Bluffs along the shore of Lake Ontario. These are eroding bluffs that are about 150 feet high. I don't know if this tree was still alive, as the pic was taken in April before leaf-out. This is from 2008, this has probably collapsed by now. Should go back and check.

chimney_1.jpg

Couple of other shots of some of the formations. In the second pic you can see a couple of people walking on the shoreline below the bluffs.

chimney2.jpg

chimney3.jpg

CWTurner

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
you can see a couple of people walking on the shoreline below the bluffs.
If the cliffs are eroding so quickly that that tree and grass under it are unsupported, I don't think that I would walk below them.
CW

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
If the cliffs are eroding so quickly that that tree and grass under it are unsupported, I don't think that I would walk below them.
CW
Yeah...I was down on the beach below the bluffs and while many of the bluffs are a bit back from the shore (so probably not much direct risk), there are places where it is unsafe. Still, the chances of something falling at just the right (or wrong) place and time are pretty small. I've never heard of anyone being injured from falling debris in that area.

jomawa

Shohin
Reaction score
When opportunity knocks (sometimes it's spotting a potential bonsai) and you don't open the door... or are you simply throwing out the challenge. It's, ah, close to Hoover Dam and stands out like a sore thumb (or a "cloud"), ya can't miss it, it won't be a problem, just ... yeah, that's it.

Top Bottom