How much $$$ is Bjorn worth?

JoeR

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
I’ve spoken with Bjorn a few times, he’s hosted NBS meetings here and at his nursery, and he’s honestly always the most down to earth laid back fella, open and naturally welcoming to any thought or inquiry, have no clue whats flashy about him whatsoever, that cats cooler than penguin and I’ve seen it’s obvious that he cares deeply for what he does and easily for those around him alike, just my two cents

yea, kinda threw grammar out the window there 😂
thanks
Difference here is, you have met him in person. Most people complaining about him have likely not and therefore their opinion is invalid. I havent met him but have watched hours and hours of his videos so I respect him for his contribution to free information if nothing else.

"Sorry if that roasts your almonds" lol I have never heard that before, gold.

Mycin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
You might want to keep your opinion to yourself till you have been in bonsai long enough to realize just how much Bjorn has donated in content to modern bonsai, and how little you knoe in comparison.

Hear again we see the beginners trying to dictate how many of us comport our selves around here, and yet wants to denigrate the work of someone who has by his work changed the face of bonsai in this country, My name is up front and well known for one reason or another so if you have a problem with me I'm right here. While I am at it: If you are so endowed by the forces of the world to have credit disparaging Bjorn let's see some of your work?

Good lord, get over yourself. I’m sure Bjorn will be just fine without you defending his honor on BNut.

You may have been too busy melting down to have read my post but no where in its contents did I denigrate his work nor did I say anything about having a problem with you. But if you want one, you've got it. I'm in Chicago and I'll gladly meet you to hash this out in person.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
Good lord, get over yourself. I’m sure Bjorn will be just fine without you defending his honor on BNut.

You may have been too busy melting down to have read my post but no where in its contents did I denigrate his work nor did I say anything about having a problem with you. But if you want one, you've got it. I'm in Chicago and I'll gladly meet you to hash this out in person.
Vance is 80ish, a Vietnam war vet, and diabetic... you better bring friends!

Ahhh jeez, look what you made me do... gotta let this one goooooooooooooooooo.....

Last edited:

Mycin

Mame
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
I was planning on bringing cookies, but with the DM maybe I’ll opt for something savory. Quiche Lorraine perhaps?

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Opinions... everyone has 'em. :) Though no one enjoys being trolled, honest constructive feedback, even if it isn't positive, is always welcomed by someone trying to improve themselves.

That said, you can't please everyone :) One person's "flashy" might be another person's "professional". One person's "professional" might be another person's "distant and aloof". Not saying that Bjorn is any of these things, but feedback depends greatly on the person's perspective. What works for one is not going to work for all. And if you ask my wife, she will gladly point out my numerous flaws, and question whether, after 28 years of marriage, I have made any noticeable improvement :)

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Ah, this old thread.
Let's see. I think Bjorn must be worth $2.3 billion or so if the quality of his work is any indication.

I am hoping I will be able to convince / hire him to visit my garden one day. I easily have $1 million worth of work for him :)

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I am hoping I will be able to convince / hire him to visit my garden one day. I easily have $1 million worth of work for him :)
Danny Coffey is in Asheville. Tyler Sherrard is maybe a 1/2 hour away. You have access to great local talent.

Shogun610

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
In all seriousness this has been a tremendous resource for me. I’m so grateful this this exists with the knowledge that is readily shared within. I really respect all that have contributed to this art form of bonsai. Everyone has their opinion no matter what stage there at themselves and the same should apply to the professionals in that field. I sincerely want to cultivate my practice in bonsai being 29 I think now is a good time to start with future. It is therapeutic for me as a human along with learning about horticulture in realm of bonsai.Visiting Jim Doyle and Jim Gillespie( when he opens his nursery back up after COVID)..Alittle bit about me for anyone that cares (buzzed rant). I am 29, with a degree in Food science and minor in soil chemistry , landscape architecture, and microbiology.I wanted to start my own pepper /hot sauce company. I do that on the side but I have been an unregistered lurker for over a year. In may I finally decided to see where Bonsai would take me. Sure I can criticize professionals because for me , I’m able to envision how I’d want my practice to evolve. it’s not a denigration of anyone that has spilt blood, sweat and tears into this profession. I look at it as if I was watching a NFL quarterback making a play at the highest level for that sport , (played baseball I’ll my junior year in college) . Bjorn , Chang and Neil etc. are that the highest level. I feel that if one wants to critique their work. They can and it shouldn’t be Looked down upon. If I could go back and choose a path I’d go down now, I would go to Japan -and learn from masters of Bonsai. This year I plan on going to more than I already have for online/ in person classes, sign up for openings next year, and talk with Bonsai pros in my area to see if they need help around their nurseries with watering,changing soil ,etc. I think I had a chip on my shoulder coming into Bonsai with the notion that only people with 100k+ salty (depending on their life) could truly enjoy and cultivate their appreciation. As I find myself renting and sooon being able to buy a home for me and my future family, I am looking at houses with big backyard that have potential for what I want to accomplish and grow with Bonsai ... I really just want to some day post my bonsai confidently and share how I’ve evolved. I really respect Neil, Peter, and Bjorn for making this readily seen. I wasn’t trying to ruffle any feathers in doing so. In a way Bonsai gives me a inspiration ourside if my artwork and drawings , in something that I won’t have a hand in... and that’s mind blowing to me. I wish I found it sooner. I really want to cultivate this into more than a hobby and an figuring out that course of action now. I don’t want to seem as if I’m just some wannabe, I’ve never felt so committed in my life to anything outside of my normal career or life goals. I’m sort of spilling my guts out .. but ... nothing but the most outward respect , appreciation and honor , to all of you whom have been doing this for years... I really respect all of you and if I Personally message any of you ( Adair +others) it’s not that I’m just trying to be Annoying or get free information... it’s just more of me being a hypochondriac for my trees. Even if I took classes , read and subscribed to Bonsai video. Again... I’m probably sharing too much information about my life but what the hell, have always been proving it’s others wrong ( you’ll never get in, you won’t make the teams you wont get the job, she’ll choose you over sometime else) ... I genuinely respect the hell out of everyone on here along with the pros.Bonsai is really an amazing art/ price of horticulture that does get a lot of appreciation. I really am taking a shot and giving my 100% to this. So again if anyone thinks im a fool or idiot ... so be it ... but this is how I feel. I feel that isn’t is a community that I can belong to and grow within. I hope you all have a great weekend, and fall season. All the best ... James.

Last edited:

Vance Wood

Lord Mugo
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5-6
I hear similar stories about club members/events from my teacher all the time. If you want a place to stay in business maybe take out your wallet every now and again eh?

After reading the entire thread I'm sorry to have bumped it. Haha Stick a fork in this thread cuz it's done.
So----we see once more from those who think they have better morals in criticizing an American master then saying holy shit when they too are pulled up front for their disgusting opinion supported by nothing. They demand the thread be closed when they find the entire school has caught them with their pants down. You want this to go away post some pictures of YOUR trees or shut the F up!

rollwithak

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
I know the intentions are innocent, but this thread is in poor taste. Its really no ones business.
It’s just amazing to me how many responses this gets, and I’ll ask legit bonsai questions and get zero responses sometimes 😂😂 gotta love the internet

Top Bottom