How nuts are we?

koyote1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I knew a guy who cancelled his vacation with his wife and daughter because he had nobody to care for his trees, and he had a nice collection-twisting pomegranates included. I've dragged my bride-to-be through the berkshire mtns. in the most humid dog days of summer looking for something to dig up,and only coming home with hundreds of mosquito bites. I've also "borrowed" money from our "rent stash", come home with a new tree for $300, and said the guy at the nursery gave it to me for pennies because he didn't think he could sell it.

Last edited:

Martin Sweeney

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Koyote1,

The below is offered in the same light-hearted way as your original post was (I hope!).

I like Bonsai, I am passionate about it, some may even say I am nuts about it. But I have never and will never lie about it. You appear to be taking bonsai-nuttiness to an unhealthy level! Thanks for sharing though. It is nice to know others go overboard too.

Regards,

Martin

Bonsai Nut

Nuttier than your average Nut
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8a
Sounds like you're hooked. I appreciate the tree-hunting experience; my wife never bothers going on adventures like that any more - not since we brought live aquarium fish back from our vacation in Tahiti :)

irene_b

Omono
Reaction score
Dang Greg I thought I was bad bringing home seeds and maybe a bag full of cuttings!
Mom

koyote1

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I almost never get involved in something "half way". If I'm passionate, I'm really passionate. I eat,sleep & breathe whatever it is I want to succeed at. If I'm going to take the time to do something I want to be up there with the best, and I usually make it there. Bodybuilding,my relationship w/ Lindsey,my former career in industrial design, brazilian jiu jitsu, bowhunting, bonsai,tracking & mentoring-all things I take "all the way". It all probably has to do with the hypo-manic phase of being bipolar. And yes I'm very lucky, Lindsey is very supportive of everything I pursue. ps. I pay the rent, it's always right on time, so taking out $300, then putting it back in time isn't so bad. I don't take being sneeky any futher than that.

Top Bottom