I'll not grow bonsai anymore.

Clicio

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
11a
After reading all the 25 pages of the thead Ebihara Maples by @markyscott I came to some conclusions:
1-) I know nothing about bonsai.
2-) When I get to the level of knowledge you guys have, I"ll be dead and buried. Even being a fast learner.
3-) This forum and its posters are an immense source of wisdom. Thank you all.
4-) My head is exploding with so many new (to me, of course) info. If it really explodes, I'll blame it on you.

leatherback

The Treedeemer
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Ah, @leatherback ...
I like your post about soil on your blog, nice and useful. Thanks.
Ssssst! You might start a soil war! Don't you know anything about bonsai!? You mean this one right?

It will be my last longer article for a while I am afraid. I had 8 articles in draft lined up for the next 3 months.. And then my travel harddisk crashed, making me loose all the material I collected :( Need to start from scratch and will not have a lot of time the next weeks.

Last edited:

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
After reading all the 25 pages of the thead Ebihara Maples by @markyscott I came to some conclusions:

Can I just encourage you that with this one statement you way further ahead than you think you are! This puts you in a mindset where you are teachable! You will be fine. Small steps and good mentors will take you as far as you want to go. We are in a marathon, not a sprint.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
2-) When I get to the level of knowledge you guys have, I"ll be dead and buried. Even being a fast learner.
3-) This forum and its posters are an immense source of wisdom. Thank you all.
4-) My head is exploding with so many new (to me, of course) info. If it really explodes, I'll blame it on you.

Don’t get discouraged, Clicio. We were all once beginners and we’re all still learners. Remember that the journey is the point and getting better is just as fun now as it was 20 years ago. There’s always more to know. That’s what keeps It fresh.

Scott

Adair M

Pinus Envy
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Don’t get discouraged, Clicio. We were all once beginners and we’re all still learners. Remember that the journey is the point and getting better is just as fun now as it was 20 years ago. There’s always more to know. That’s what keeps It fresh.

Scott
Yeah! I just learned that Texas Shiners are bigger than Georgia Shiners! Who knew?

@Clicio, when you head stops hurting and you want to learn about JBP, read my thread “What’s it like to attend an Intensive”

milehigh_7

Mister 500,000
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Hot
Yeah! I just learned that Texas Shiners are bigger than Georgia Shiners! Who knew?

@Clicio, when you head stops hurting and you want to learn about JBP, read my thread “What’s it like to attend an Intensive”

Everything is bigger in Texas @Adair M! I mean, it's like a whole other country!

ConorDash

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I agree with you. Over winter I had the thoughts of no interest in Bonsai, which I think I should common for people in winter as they don’t do much with their trees (people who are new, have less trees, not everyone. I’m sure plenty have a load of trees and continue doing stuff in winter). Now I feel I’m getting back to it and I feel back to knowing nothing. I’m asking people in my thread about my tree and having to get them to spell it out to me. I’ve been here nearly 2 years now and built a bit of a rep as someone who takes on knowledge and isn’t so bad. Bad veteran people have nice things to say about me but feel I let them down by being dumb again! Lol.

Top Bottom