Informative Saikei YouTube video

macnut

Seedling
Reaction score
Interesting composition. I don't particularly care for the method he used by affixing those flat slabs to the natural rock to cover the rootball. It's too stark a contrast and doesn't look natural IMO. He could have gotten better results wiring in the rootball and covering it with much leading down to the soil.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
I agree....he had a really good rock to begin with and several nice Shimpaku also///I would go an 8 out of 10.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Interesting composition. I don't particularly care for the method he used by affixing those flat slabs to the natural rock to cover the rootball. It's too stark a contrast and doesn't look natural IMO. He could have gotten better results wiring in the rootball and covering it with much leading down to the soil.
In agreement there but then nobody is going to agree completely. Still, it looks like fun and I have several rocks waiting for springtime.

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Interesting composition.

Yes, but once again, what's the use of almost 20 minute for the preparation of the rock and 1 or two minutes for the planting ?

I don't think that preparing the stone is the most interesting part of the process but it takes most of the time of the video. If I was looking for a job, I'd be a "bonsai video editor". Not sure it pays, but that would save up so much time for bonsai enthusiasts, for the same benefit in terms of learning.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
I think the Video exemplfi's the manner in which a rock or stone can be prepared for a planting...

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Was not really impressed with the final product.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Yes, but once again, what's the use of almost 20 minute for the preparation of the rock and 1 or two minutes for the planting ?
Was not really impressed with the final product.
Use the fast forward (like I did) to see what you want or just pass it up. I wasn't thrilled with the rock work or the planting, but it has inspired me because I know I can do better.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
I've watched it again and think it is a very good and instructive video, he is very thorough and detailed at the same time, the last minute or so seeing the final product is what I form my opinion on.....sure I see a few things I disagree with but overall it is a very niece Saikei....

Hudson65

Seed
Reaction score
Great video! The Saikei YouTube channel consistently delivers informative content. I appreciate the depth of knowledge shared and the engaging presentation style. Looking forward to more videos like this!....

Top Bottom