is this an olive?

benw3790

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
This little plant was given to me by a friend because he couldn't take care of it. He said it was an olive but I dont know for sure. Any help would be appreciated.Screenshot_2015-04-26-12-30-43.pngScreenshot_2015-04-26-12-30-49.png Screenshot_2015-04-26-12-30-56.png

ColinFraser

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
The leaves and their arrangement in the first photo definitely look like my olives, as does what little I can see of the bark.

benw3790

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
The leaves and their arrangement in the first photo definitely look like my olives, as does what little I can see of the bark.
Ok I am pretty sure It is but wasnt positive. Its slow growing thats for sure. All the olives ive seen are huge and twisted and gnarly so its hard to tell.

bonsaibp

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10a
Yes no question. Not looking to healthy though. I would add good soil to that pot and get the tree higher in the pot and give it lots of sun. And let it dry between waterings they don't like wet roots.

akhater

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
it sure does look as an olive seedling

benw3790

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Yes no question. Not looking to healthy though. I would add good soil to that pot and get the tree higher in the pot and give it lots of sun. And let it dry between waterings they don't like wet roots.
Yes he gave it to me in bad health, around christmas time or so and.I.brought it home and slip potted it into some good draining bonsai soil. It was planted really shallow already and the organic soil it was in was bone dry. I babied it through the winter and it is now pushing buds. I will slip pot itli again higher in the pot. Its only pushing buds at the tips of.branches

Top Bottom