It's getting chilly and Fall colors are beginning to pop!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a

GreatLakesBrad

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Rock on. We are happy to have you in the mitten and glad you are enjoying the fall, it's my favorite part of the year. I didn't realize that your colors were more muted down south, wonder what the science is behind that. @Leo in N E Illinois ? :)
I'm sure I mentioned this at the all-state show - but if you do have the chance, going to see Pictured Rocks and timing the fall color up close to peak is an amazing site. Bit of a drive, but the U.P. is another world!

Here's an Amur maple that I've gone back and forth on re: throwing it in the garbage. It's a gnarled stump that's been a mother tree to a forest of cuttings that are ready to pot up into forest format spring 2024.

Was certain I'd throw this away, and then it goes and reminds me why I took those cuttings - always a beautiful display. May just have to toss in the ground and come back to it in a few years.
amur99.jpg
amur2.jpg

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Rock on. We are happy to have you in the mitten and glad you are enjoying the fall, it's my favorite part of the year. I didn't realize that your colors were more muted down south, wonder what the science is behind that. @Leo in N E Illinois ? :)
I'm sure I mentioned this at the all-state show - but if you do have the chance, going to see Pictured Rocks and timing the fall color up close to peak is an amazing site. Bit of a drive, but the U.P. is another world!

Here's an Amur maple that I've gone back and forth on re: throwing it in the garbage. It's a gnarled stump that's been a mother tree to a forest of cuttings that are ready to pot up into forest format spring 2024.

Was certain I'd throw this away, and then it goes and reminds me why I took those cuttings - always a beautiful display. May just have to toss in the ground and come back to it in a few years.
View attachment 458347
View attachment 458346
I was just in Au Train MI for labor day and it's beautiful year round, I second the recommendation.
PXL_20220831_162646601.jpg
PXL_20220830_183203556.jpg
DSC_1312.JPG

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Fitting to make it a song about DUI's so feel free to PM me some stories.

Sorce

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Pictured Rocks is pretty good, but if you want the full monty, Brockway Mountain Drive is the place to see fall color in all its grandeur.

Top Bottom