It's getting chilly and Fall colors are beginning to pop!

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I will.
For now.
😉

It had a few bright red leaves a couple weeks ago. I thought the rest would all do the same, so I was waiting on pics, but no such luck.
Yeah. I was hoping my elms had better fall colors, but they just turn yellow and fall off. They look like a semi-plucked chicken.

Lorax7

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Yeah. I was hoping my elms had better fall colors, but they just turn yellow and fall off. They look like a semi-plucked chicken.
I usually have great fall color, but this year it was just kind of, “meh”. The Korean x Japanese maple hybrid, the Sango Kaku, and the Bihou were the only trees that put on much of a color show.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
My Chinese elm has some decent color. I should get another pic if it's not too late this morning. Siberians and others, though, yeah, half plucked chicken.

Dav4

Drop Branch Murphy
Reaction score
SE MI- Bonsai'd for 12 years both MA and N GA
USDA Zone
6a
how do you keep the last trident from drying out in small pot?
I water it🙂

It’s in 100% akadama , small grain, and it gets water twice a day with a lot of my other trees when it’s hot and dry out during the summer months. I also apply some milled sphagnum moss to the soil surface in the spring, again, along with a bunch of my other trees.

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Ugh... I have NO colors at all. Cherry have a few yellow leaves, trident's spring leaves are drying out, summer leaves are green. Only the BC's are giving me some bronze goodness. My 2 JMs are still green, hoping the Chinese pistache turn colors next month, but not holding my breath. I am seriously jealous at this thread.

ShadyStump

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Ugh... I have NO colors at all. Cherry have a few yellow leaves, trident's spring leaves are drying out, summer leaves are green. Only the BC's are giving me some bronze goodness. My 2 JMs are still green, hoping the Chinese pistache turn colors next month, but not holding my breath. I am seriously jealous at this thread.
I laugh because this is already the longest fall we've seen around here in many years. Usually it's warm and green right up until a killer frost or crazy snow storm blows through. Then everything's just drops, no chance for colors.
I'm trying to enjoy it this year. It's a rare treat.

Top Bottom