Japanese Beech

Dano

Sapling
Reaction score
A Japanese Beech that has been a great tree to work with. I just recently lost the small left lower limb.

Dano

Attachments

• 100_1492.jpg
    100_1492.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 109
Nice beech! Sorry to hear you lost the lower left branch; it does look to be an important part of the design. Are you going to graft another one? Maybe you will get a bud pop around there this summer. I hate when trees do this, I have a hawthorn that did the same thing this year; it shedded a branch that I spent 3 years growing out:mad:

Tiberious,

I do have a strong new lower limb coming out about an inch above the old one. I have not cut the dead limb off quite yet, still hoping to see a bud.

Dano

Dano,

That tree seems familiar to me. Was that picture taken at the North Carolina Arboretum?

Regardless of where the picture was taken, it is a nice tree. You don't usually see beeches with that much movement.

Thanks,
Martin

Martin,

Yes, I entered this tree in this year's Exposition as a member of :)the South Carolina Upstate Bonsai Club. We are a small group but really trying hard to produce some nice trees. I live just down the mountain in Spartanburg.

Tiberious,

I do have a strong new lower limb coming out about an inch above the old one. I have not cut the dead limb off quite yet, still hoping to see a bud.

Dano

Dano thats good to hear, now all you need is just a little bit of time. Definately a nice beech. I've wanted one for a few years but it seems kinda rare to find one; let alone one with good features. Someday..

Brian,

My tree is doing great although I think it is a pot to small for its size. I just keeping puning small verticle limbs and leaves to get sunlight to the interior of the tree. I have good new buds coming out most places I cut back, even on the very bottom of the truck. I hope yours continues to improve.

Dano

Back
Top Bottom