Kadebe Azalea 2020-2025 Contest Entry ***DROPPED OUT***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I actually think that’s debatable, but a good point to think about.

My rationale is that this azalea needs good cover. In fact it in the state it’s in, it might actually best be grown out through the winter.

I grew my severely cut back Satsuki s. Cut back due to a month series of frosts early last year with absolutely no issues.

I just had to be careful to keep conditions favorable. I didn’t even use bottom heaters. I will this year with my new cuttings.

Cheers
DSD sends

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I will certainly follow the weather forecast.
This azalea is hardy to -15 C. Would a temperature of -5 C be a problem? If the temperature goes lower, I will definitely put it indoors.

Deep Sea Diver

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
It’s the combination of weather especially wind - dessication.

Tender leaves are especially at risk. It actually doesn’t matter much what the plant hardiness rating is with immature foliage.

That’s what prompted my message.
Best
DSD sends

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Spring is here and your azalea could be blooming (depending on your location) or starting to leaf out with this season’s flush……it’s time for updates!

I would also like to add at this time we have 3 prizes to award. Many thanks to @Forsoothe! and @Deep Sea Diver for donating. I am also donating a prize as well.

If you are no longer interested in continuing in the Azalea Contest, please let me know so we can close your thread, thanks.

Kadebe

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Due to circumstances, I have been inactive on the forum for a while. Herewith an update...
The azaleas have survived the winter. In the spring, when the night temperatures got back above 5 degrees, I brought the plants back outside in different stages and they did well.
Unfortunately, when I was abroad for 4 days, we suddenly got temperatures down to -6 Celsius here for several nights, accompanied by a sharp east wind. Unfortunately, my azaleas did not survive this weather change. So these are my first victims.:mad:
Unfortunately, I can't continue this contest.😞

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Due to circumstances, I have been inactive on the forum for a while. Herewith an update...
The azaleas have survived the winter. In the spring, when the night temperatures got back above 5 degrees, I brought the plants back outside in different stages and they did well.
Unfortunately, when I was abroad for 4 days, we suddenly got temperatures down to -6 Celsius here for several nights, accompanied by a sharp east wind. Unfortunately, my azaleas did not survive this weather change. So these are my first victims.:mad:
Unfortunately, I can't continue this contest.😞
Sorry to hear that, follow the advice on your avatar.

Pitoon

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7b
Thanks.... indeed... I won't give up
Still have two other azalea's :cool:
Are you still participating in the contest? If not let me know so I can close your thread, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom