Lets talk philosophy

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
It's weird because normally sorce you are arguing against rigidity and following hard rules. I'm having a hard time coming to grips with this out of character posting. Lol

Man these discussions get tedious. I just want to learn Bonsai. We need to eliminate The Tea House.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
Your a funny guy Bolero. I just read your stuff now, I don't get all bitchy like I used to. I have too much respect for the handicapped.

I love and respect you to Smoke.....Spite your California idiosyncrasies.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was watching an audioagraphy on Motley Crue on YouTube yesterday.

Talking about how the first rendition of the first album jad something nothing else did, because it was spontaneous.

Sorce

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Spanish had👆.

Sorce

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It's weird because normally sorce you are arguing against rigidity and following hard rules. I'm having a hard time coming to grips with this out of character posting. Lol

Man these discussions get tedious. I just want to learn Bonsai. We need to eliminate The Tea House.
I usually find them tedious as well, but every so often they can be fun (for a while, anyway).

Course, when I start finding them tedious I just stop participating in them...

BTW, how can anyone tell what sorce is arguing for or against? I still haven't figured out how to decode his writing style after all these years.

Bolero

Omono
Reaction score
These Forums bring out all the Crazy's and that is what is so much fun about them.....So If the Shoe Fits Wear It....

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone

It is truely because I never have a "side".

Lately, as in @Bonsaieejit pine thread, there is a lot of good JBP info, but it's completely useless without the OP's understanding of vigour.

I'll go "against" anything that is limiting if it is proving to cause limits.

It has nothing to do with good or bad information.

Sorce

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone

It depends on why you come here. If you come here to learn, I can give you an ignore list. You needn't bother with any of them because they have no trees and if they do they never post them, and if there is a slip and one accidently shows itself, it is crude not refined and never been wired. Now if you just want to bullshit and have fun, then Coh, and leatherback and Sorce are your guys. Just go with the entertainment, and don't worry if one of your guys switches sides, it's just part of the fun and entertainment value.

We don't need to eliminate the tea house, we need to have some rules like I posted a few months ago that lit the forum up.

A bonsai forum like that would be very conducive to learning. But, it wouldn't be very fun, why BSG and AOB failed. So do what I do, come here for the entertainment and learn about bonsai from someone willing to give you the time or spend your time in the backyard "doing" bonsai, and not in the Tea Garden.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Philosophically speaking 99% of USA Bonsai are "Lookalike Bonsai" compared to Japans Bonsai ……

I was thinking about this and wondered if Bolero had the same internet I do, or if his was Russian or Iraqi.

Here are some of those superior designed Japanese bonsai. Not a look a like in the bunch!b3d66c3d270afde9184d6b316f89954e.jpgDSC0082.jpgimages (1).jpgimages (2).jpgIMG_2269.jpegp4a1083.jpgpinus-pinea-stone-pine-bonsai.jpgredpinesavaob.jpgscotLead.jpgthe-beast.jpg

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I was thinking about this and wondered if Bolero had the same internet I do, or if his was Russian or Iraqi.
He's one of only 2 people on my ignore list. I don't miss him a bit.

coh

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
It depends on why you come here. If you come here to learn, I can give you an ignore list. You needn't bother with any of them because they have no trees and if they do they never post them, and if there is a slip and one accidently shows itself, it is crude not refined and never been wired. Now if you just want to bullshit and have fun, then Coh, and leatherback and Sorce are your guys. Just go with the entertainment, and don't worry if one of your guys switches sides, it's just part of the fun and entertainment value.
Still waiting to see some examples of your bonsai wizardry at the National Exhibition one of these years. Let the world see if any of your trees are actually as good as you think they are.

Djtommy

Omono
Reaction score
PABonsai said:
And Bjorn is no chump. Apparently he was the first foreigner traveling around in Japan as a bonsai professional, so he knows a thing or two.
What?????
I don't know but it's what he claimed in his podcast. Not my claim! Maybe he meant of this new contemporary crew because Bill Valavanis seems to have got at least a few decades jump on him.

William Valavanis was a big wheel in Japan, and a Professional, and a publisher of a world wide premier bonsai magazine while Bjorn was shitting his diapers
Wasn’t the claim about living and working in japan as a professional? Living and working, not as an apprentice but a bonsai professional paying taxes in japan etc. Bill may have done so, but I don’t think many others.

Last edited:

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Wasn’t the claim about living and working in japan as a professional? Living and working, not as an apprentice but a bonsai professional paying taxes in japan etc. Bill may have done so, but I don’t think many others.
I went back and listened to it again and Björn said "...and then I ended up staying on 3 years beyond that working as a professional in Japan, so I was the first, and only, uh, at the time, western Bonsai professional working in the Japanese Bonsai professional community." So, sorry to Al, but I don't know why you are holding my feet to the fire over something Björn said. I was simply pointing to Bjorn's pedigree as it pertains to him basically being in Japan doing Bonsai for almost an entire decade as support for the idea that he may actually know what he is talking about. it is my understanding, limited as it may be, that not many bonsai practitioners in the west can come close to that.

Smoke

Ignore-Amus
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I went back and listened to it again and Björn said "...and then I ended up staying on 3 years beyond that working as a professional in Japan, so I was the first, and only, uh, at the time, western Bonsai professional working in the Japanese Bonsai professional community." So, sorry to Al, but I don't know why you are holding my feet to the fire over something Björn said. I was simply pointing to Bjorn's pedigree as it pertains to him basically being in Japan doing Bonsai for almost an entire decade as support for the idea that he may actually know what he is talking about. it is my understanding, limited as it may be, that not many bonsai practitioners in the west can come close to that.
Because we have a President that is being impeached on fricken hearsay. No one so far has heard anything remotely like what is being said about this president. If you don't know how to write verbatim what someone said, then quote the link and post it here and let people read it first hand. What he said and what you said are entirely different, That is why I speak up. This discussion forum is rife whith shit from people that have no clue what they are talking about.

Thats why!

PABonsai

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Because we have a President that is being impeached on fricken hearsay. No one so far has heard anything remotely like what is being said about this president. If you don't know how to write verbatim what someone said, then quote the link and post it here and let people read it first hand. What he said and what you said are entirely different, That is why I speak up. This discussion forum is rife whith shit from people that have no clue what they are talking about.

Thats why!
You just got the verbatim. While more verbose, the words I paraphrased are still there. Who the hell cares anyways? My comment wasn't about what he said it was just using what he said as a generalized supporting statement on his experience.

TN_Jim

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a

Thats why!
I wish Metal would become popular again. Even when the market was saturated and the big record execs were pumping some trash, there was a market and stronger scene; even, underground”

Trump? the fuck you talking about?...tick tick tick? boom? good grief

Top Bottom