Lions Head "Shishigashira" Japanese maple

humboldtmadness

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Thank you @sorce for your responses. I am not upset either, mostly... Say what you want about me but don't wish ill upon my plants, lol. I take them very seriously, as demonstrated by my "garden spirit" to ward off thieves and vandals.
I have also read Miyamoto Musashi's work as well a Sun tzu, much wisdom contained there and your admiration for his work explains your sometimes cryptic Yoda speak. I read your thread and identify with some of your musings about yourself, this world and the frustrating nature of interacting with it. That is why I garden, my plants ground and center me. Getting into bonsai is very counterintuitive for me since most of my time gardening has focused on large healthy root mass, hence the huge containers I have them in while I do layers and begin to build an understanding of shaping. Heck, my favorite bamboo is in two 70gal tubs and I have been stressing that another ones 35gal is too tiny... Switching gears to species I have never worked with (don't know their needs and quirks) and these small pancakes of roots is going to have me miss a few shifts and grind the gears with some mistakes. On the positive side of all this, some of the things I have learned the most from were calamaties and mistakes that I was able to turn around and some that I wasn't. This situation will be added to that list of events whether it lives or dies, much has been learned.
Anyway thanks for your input, and I am sorry for whatever it was that flushed 7 years down the drain, sounds frustrating!2018-04-17 16.29.31.jpg

Last edited:

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
whatever it was that flushed 7 years down the

Lol! I have been killing things in my "great lakes Eff zone", by repotting in spring for 7 years!

Everyone on earth except me can repot on spring!

Plus the way I roll....I might just not be able to keep Deciduos trees.

Well...fall pruning doesn't go well for me here either.....

One way or another listening to internet advice over my trees has fucked me!

But Now that I only listen to my trees, and with a good education of how to properly listen to them from Mirai, I am beginning anew!

Either way...when you ask me who is smarter smarter....?
Always trees over humans!

Trees do not have an anus in which to stick their buttered up skulls!

They said in the way beginning, $ bonsai people...there is No philosophy to be found in Bonsai. @Anthony and I have been philosophically studying together since!

But now that I really get it...(life)
Remembering that I forgot.....

This is the true stage Of enlightenment, being aware of it....but THEN unaware too at the same time.

I study the true meaning of the Swastika too. A symbol of peace.

As Karma would have it....Job and No Job.

While I haven't Recieved any news from jobs I have been applying to, I've had 2 offers from people I used to work with come in out the blue.

Passed up one.
Interviewing with the other tomorrow and ...

Well...

I might just remains potter!

FTW!

Sorce

humboldtmadness

Sapling
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9b
Umm, okay good luck with that. I will take that to heart and listen to my trees more and bad advice on the internet less. It's been an interesting ride on this thread. I am out for now and will check back in when the tree dies, or lives, whatever...

Jcmmaple

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Bought 2 weeping maples today and got one for free do to damage to it. The guy is holding onto them for me until I get a truck to pick them up, the are in burlap sacks. My question is can i reduce or clean the old soil off to make it light and put it in a container until next spring when I can root prune.

Top Bottom