Looking for Maple bonsai, Best places to look or anyone selling? NY,USA

Reaction score
I am looking for a Maple Bonsai ( Trident, Japanese Maple, Katsura, etc). I am located in the New York area and was wondering if anyone recommends a nursery on the east coast or website to get one. Or if someone is selling one. Looking for a bonsai with nice taper, 10+ years old. Thanks!

Reaction score
I want to also mention I have perused the more well known sites such as Brussels Bonsai, Eastern leaf, Bonsai boys of New York. But wanted to see if anyone with more experience had any not as well known places I could check out.

MrWunderful

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
10b
D

Deleted member 32750

I want to also mention I have perused the more well known sites such as Brussels Bonsai, Eastern leaf, Bonsai boys of New York. But wanted to see if anyone with more experience had any not as well known places I could check out.
I would avoid Eastern Leaf. Brussels has good stuff.

Check out the Bonsai Learning Center. They have stuff on their website as well as their eBay store.

Forrestford

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
All Shapes Bonsai in New Jersey is a good place. You can send them an email with what you're looking for and they usually respond pretty quick.

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I'd sniff around @MACH5 for leads too.

Or try to buy his Arctic Trident.

For me, ☝️ Amur Maples mythical downfalls would be less of a headache to deal with than Regular Tridents, or Ungrafted J maples.

Walter found some decent Amur Trunks in connection with The Flower Market in Michigan. Don't know where these are now, but there is definitely Good it Stock around.

Sorce

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
I am looking for a Maple Bonsai ( Trident, Japanese Maple, Katsura, etc). I am located in the New York area and was wondering if anyone recommends a nursery on the east coast or website to get one. Or if someone is selling one. Looking for a bonsai with nice taper, 10+ years old. Thanks!

Bonsai Boy only sells glorified seedlings at very expensive prices. Avoid them.

Brussels Bonsai is a good place to buy from.
I just got a trident from them.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
All Shapes Bonsai in New Jersey is a good place. You can send them an email with what you're looking for and they usually respond pretty quick.
I’m gonna go there tomorrow to look at trees and buy some wire . Do they have pre bonsai material?

Forrestford

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
I’m gonna go there tomorrow to look at trees and buy some wire . Do they have pre bonsai material?
I was there a year ago and they had a bunch, several hoop houses full. lots of prebonsai. Good prices too IMO.

Njyamadori

Chumono
Reaction score
I was there a year ago and they had a bunch, several hoop houses full. lots of prebonsai. Good prices too IMO.
Okay hopefully I can find some stuff that I can twist up this fall . But anyways I still need to get wire and soil . I will let you know if I get any trees

Top Bottom