Marco Invernizzi's new tool - "Ichiban"

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
I love Marco's attitude. The next chance I get I'm going to sign up for one of your workshops buddy!

You can do much much worse, he knows his stuff and is fun to work with, find that workshop.

Marco nice to see you keep returning to our forum.

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
Cquinn is my new best friend!!!;)

Wow! At least I have a friend in Italy now! I'm not ever going to Nova Scotia without a helmet and being armed. I've actually been to Northern Italy, around Venice (to Venice and the mainland adjacent to it). Loved it!

snobird

Mame
Reaction score
I wonder if I can make this work?

Attachments

• 60357_R.jpg
    60357_R.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 82

cquinn

Shohin
Reaction score
I have a distant cousin near Genoa. He's invited us to come visit "anytime." Means it, too. I hope in a few years we can take him up on it. :):)

I would do it sooner rather than later............who knows how much time we have. Maybe you could go see Marco while you're there. I'm sure he's just a train ride away if he's not traveling.

Attila Soos

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Marco, I think he means shouldn't it be a carbon steel alloy rather than aluminium.

Klytus may be on to something, the term carbon alluminum alloy may be confusing, possibly misleading. Marco could be more specific about the specific alloy, since carbon and aluminium do not readily mix into an alloy, as far as I know (but I admittedly don't know a lot of things). However, there is such a thing as carbon fiber reinforced alluminium alloy. Certain carbides are also used as reinforcement. Most bonsaists don't care about such a technicality, but a few people with engineering backgrounds do take notice and would appreciate accuracy.

Last edited:

Bill S

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5a
Marco, on the maintainence page ( http://www.marcoinvernizzi.com/ichiban/en/manutenzione.html )next to #1 it says the blades are a carbom aluminum alloy, I think he is saying that there is, or can not be an alloy of carbon and aluminum.

I had a chance to hold and feel the Ichiban at Suthins place, it was nice to hold, didn't get to actually use them, but I feel it is a quality piece, and an easy to use tool.

greerhw

Omono
Reaction score
For you non mechanics, there is a difference between Chinese wrenches and Snap-on , you get what you pay for...........;)

keep it green,
Harry

Top Bottom