Mid Atlantic Bonsai Society Spring Festival, Harrisburg, PA April 19-21 2024

Paradox

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
Yea next year we should try a get together. Maybe for breakfast in that back room they have in the buffet area before the vendor area opens at 8am. There was a bigger table in there. We get closer to next year, we can talk about how we want to do it.

canoeguide

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
I was there all weekend, but I don't know what any of you folks look like! I saw one guy flash a b-nut pin in the front row of @MACH5 's demo on Sunday, and Sergio mentioned bonsainut (during the same demo) while explaining the origin of his username/brand.

It was a really enjoyable event and I met a lot of people, so who knows! It was pretty busy Saturday in particular.

stewarjm192

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
K

oh and to clarify of course there are real bonsai artists that use Instagram too but I think we can surmise who the others are that think they’re bonsai artists “cough cough Bonsai bar cough cough Sebesta studios cough cough etc etc “
Just to clarify, I dont think that in Nick Sebastas case he is trying to come off as some seasoned highly experienced bonsai artist, it seems to me his goal is the niche market of mame starter material. It may not be your bag, but he is prolific, and did very well this weekend.
Bonsai Bar isnt really an artist, its a collective of folks who want to bring bonsai to crowds that may not otherwise find it, by bringing fun, simple bonsai activities to the bar/taproom/brewery environment.....the goal isn't artistry, its spreading some fun, painless, and engaging education to young adults and other taproom patrons, while also giving young practitioners a place to practice teaching simple skills in bonsai.

That being said......I know I met one of you at my vending booth, it was nice meeting you! hope everyone who went had a great time, and thank you all who supported me!

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Just to clarify, I dont think that in Nick Sebastas case he is trying to come off as some seasoned highly experienced bonsai artist, it seems to me his goal is the niche market of mame starter material. It may not be your bag, but he is prolific, and did very well this weekend.
Bonsai Bar isnt really an artist, its a collective of folks who want to bring bonsai to crowds that may not otherwise find it, by bringing fun, simple bonsai activities to the bar/taproom/brewery environment.....the goal isn't artistry, its spreading some fun, painless, and engaging education to young adults and other taproom patrons, while also giving young practitioners a place to practice teaching simple skills in bonsai.

That being said......I know I met one of you at my vending booth, it was nice meeting you! hope everyone who went had a great time, and thank you all who supported me!
Hey Jonathan, I bought 5 wood slabs from you. I forgot the name of that Australian wood. You stuff was gorgeous. I agree about Nick. He is very friendly and straightforward and I enjoyed his company very much. I think he knows where he is on the learning curve. I know he loves what he's doing and he told me he feels lucky to be involved. Isn't that what its all about? I think he has a stellar future ahead of him. He has both feet in the game.

stewarjm192

Yamadori
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
Hey Jonathan, I bought 5 wood slabs from you. I forgot the name of that Australian wood. You stuff was gorgeous. I agree about Nick. He is very friendly and straightforward and I enjoyed his company very much. I think he knows where he is on the learning curve. I know he loves what he's doing and he told me he feels lucky to be involved. Isn't that what its all about? I think he has a stellar future ahead of him. He has both feet in the game.
Thanks so much! I did pretty well last week, I only had 4-5 stands to take home, and 2 of which were loarns to club members for the show lol, Mainly I was concerned about packing home the big ones, but thankfully they found homes.

Those Jita are a wood called Red Coolibah! Enjoy!!

Top Bottom