MY GARDEN, SHARE YOURS

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
It's so enjoyable to see how many pratitioners are really taking their their setups/gardens to another level or your commitment to build a nice space for your collections at whatever stage they may be. About just eight short years ago, I did not have a defined, dedicated area for my trees and every time I would come out I had a real difficult time appreciating them. One day, I had enough of that!

Yesterday late afternoon. Trees are slowly coming into the garden. Many still in a temporary staging area to be quickly pulled in in case of a freeze which we've had just a few days ago. My first official apprentice will be coming in on Sunday to help out! Thank God for an extra pair of hands!! 🥳

IMG_8182 copy.jpg

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
After a heavy load of repottings this year, everything is back in the garden after all danger of freezes is finally over. A lot of work already on deciduous trees such as leaf pruning and unwiring has began. A few still are barely leafing out now.

IMG_8275.jpg

IMG_8292.jpg

IMG_8259.jpg

IMG_8273.jpg

IMG_8287.jpg

IMG_8295 copy.jpg

IMG_8278.jpg

IMG_8319.jpg

IMG_8268.jpg

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
Very nice, looks like heaven. How do you keep your wood stands from getting ruined in the elements?

This guy Sergio has to repaint them every other year or so! 😖That is the price I have to pay. Bare wood would be far easier but I don't think I would like it in my given space.

Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
@MACH5 do you build your own little shohin / semicascade stands for outdoors? Been wondering if there's a nice way to handle mine and I like the look of that.

MACH5

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
@MACH5 do you build your own little shohin / semicascade stands for outdoors? Been wondering if there's a nice way to handle mine and I like the look of that.

Yes I build them out of cedar. The idea came from Japanese gardens using them. Quite simple to build and they help highlight the trees specially when they are small.

Top Bottom