My Social Isolation Relief Box

AlainK

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Here, more and more people are using the equivalent of "physical distancing" instead of "social distancing" (distanciation physique/distanciation sociale).

Words mean something, don't they ?

Feelings matter :cool:

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Overall a great group of plants Carol. I love Wigerts but have to stay away right now. I can't get caught with any large peanut filled boxes.
In my experience you can work a cotoneaster about anytime. I did one last year late spring and one mid summer. Both are doing great. You really have to keep after them. They grow fast and back bud profusely at every crotch.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Overall a great group of plants Carol. I love Wigerts but have to stay away right now. I can't get caught with any large peanut filled boxes.
In my experience you can work a cotoneaster about anytime. I did one last year late spring and one mid summer. Both are doing great. You really have to keep after them. They grow fast and back bud profusely at every crotch.
Luckily, we can burn trash here, so the big boxes 🔥.;) Good to know about the cotoneasters, I at least want to get them into slightly shallower, wider acrylic pots.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Love that compound foliage Carol! When are these known to bloom? For it's extremely happy, and healthy.
They're supposed to bloom in the fall. Fuzzy purplish/pink blooms with yellow on the bottom. Not quite as showy as your Powderpuff, but still cool.

Deano

Shohin
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
@Carol 83 you've been a bad influence with all these care packages 😉, I'm up to 3 or is it 4 now from Wigerts, thanks for that.😆
I ended up grabbing one of those Acacia too, cool plants. Just be careful if you plan on wiring it they're a little brittle, already cracked a couple branches. But I'm definitely looking forward to those flowers, hopefully.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
be careful if you plan on wiring it they're a little brittle, already cracked a couple branches.
I have done so myself on a Sweet Acacia.
Luckily, we can burn trash here, so the big boxes 🔥.;)
That's my MO. Makes it look as though I have been working instead of spending money. At least that is my thoughts on it but I am not sure I have anyone fooled.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Grabbed one of those too, man they are strong growers. I haven't put any wired on it yet just chopped & trimmed for now.
Keep an eye on yours. Mine missed the water wagon and I thought it had died. Sat there awhile and lost a few branches but now it is coming back gangbusters.
I also had 3 seeds germinate in Apil that are now 6 inches tall and very well branched already. I am having a love affair with legume trees of all sorts. I love there seeds. Acacia has been a challenge and many of my seeds rotted but I think I am getting a hang for it now.

Cadillactaste

Neagari Gal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
5b
They're supposed to bloom in the fall. Fuzzy purplish/pink blooms with yellow on the bottom. Not quite as showy as your Powderpuff, but still cool.
Fall blooms, that's awesome! I am sure they are special in their own right. Looking forward to you sharing them with us.

Top Bottom