Mystery Tree ID

DanH_91 ló

Seedling
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently picked up a tree from a shop because I really liked the shape. I know nothing about it, however, and neither did the guys in the shop.
Could you please help my identify this new buddy of mine so I can take good care of her, and also finding out that will my cat be sick if he chows on the leaves?
Let me know if you need any more pictures of lil Miho for identification. Thank you in advance.IMG_20190907_140523.jpgIMG_20190902_211853.jpg

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Welcome to Crazy!

It looks crabapplish.

But the pics are...too angled?

Sorce

Forsoothe!

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6b
Mystery tree in a mystery location. Something with leaves... I have to buy, "Keys to Trees of Earth".

DanH_91 ló

Seedling
Reaction score
Welcome to Crazy!

It looks crabapplish.

But the pics are...too angled?

Sorce

Hey man, thanks for the answer. I can make some more pictures if you tell me what to look for, maybe the trunk or different angle on the leaves?

sorce

Nonsense Rascal
Reaction score
USDA Zone
That one shiny leaf at the bottom is probly usefully enough for the right eye.

Sorce

DanH_91 ló

Seedling
Reaction score
Then I hope the right eye comes around here.
Thanks again.

DanH_91 ló

Seedling
Reaction score
The self is just a temporary protective space until I find out what kind of tree it is. My cat shows serious interest in the leaves and if I find out they can hurt him, I will have to give the tree away. If it is harmless, I will of course relocate to a better place.
Thank you for your reply.

DanH_91 ló

Seedling
Reaction score
Sageretia?
Hey man, thank you for your answer.
It looks like a strong candidate because on various sites they say Sageretia sheds its bark, and mine does that.
The leaves also looks similar, but then again, also does crabapple.

DanH_91 ló

Seedling
Reaction score
Thank you both for your reply. I will research Sageretia further to be sure but I feel we have a winner here.
Do you happen to know if its leaves are poisonous to cats or not? Also, anything special about it I should know?

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Thank you both for your reply. I will research Sageretia further to be sure but I feel we have a winner here.
Do you happen to know if its leaves are poisonous to cats or not? Also, anything special about it I should know?
Doing a quick search it doesnt seem to be at all. https://eol.org/pages/483067/data

Warpig

Chumono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6a
Srry was at work and tried to pull up the wiki. I must of copied the wrong tab.

Top Bottom