New BRT help

Ascheeh

Seed
Reaction score
Hello,

I got this Brazilian rain tree after the new year. Just curious what/when I should be pruning or wiring?

Attachments

• IMG_20200303_071437.jpg
    IMG_20200303_071437.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 29

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
I'd wait until it's outside growing strong, before doing anything. If you add your location to your profile we'll know what part of the world you're in to better advise you. Is it growing in regular potting soil? Looks awfully dark, and the pot is really deep. Things you might want to think about changing this summer.

Ascheeh

Seed
Reaction score
Thanks Carol. I live in Dallas, Texas. I'm pretty sure it's just regular potting soil. The bonsai nursery repotted it for me when I got it and there are black pebbles in top.

Currently I just have a water bottle with a drop of superthrive that I use and keep the soil moist. It has been sitting on a window sill facing north.

What do I need to look for in a pot for a new tree vs an older one?

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
The bonsai nursery repotted it for me when I got it and there are black pebbles in top.
Mmm, surprised a bonsai nursery would use such a deep pot and regular potting soil.:confused: If it was just repotted, then better safe than sorry and leave it be. Being in Dallas, I would imagine it would be fine outside most of the time. Anytime the nighttime lows are 50 or above. Maybe one of the resident BRT experts will chime in with their more experienced opinions.

Ascheeh

Seed
Reaction score
Mmm, surprised a bonsai nursery would use such a deep pot and regular potting soil.:confused: If it was just repotted, then better safe than sorry and leave it be. Being in Dallas, I would imagine it would be fine outside most of the time. Anytime the nighttime lows are 50 or above. Maybe one of the resident BRT experts will chime in with their more experienced opinions.

Oh, I brought the pot in. It was a 3d print of a planter I saw online.

Top Bottom