Nippon daisy at Lowes

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
There will be lots of flowers soon. After flowering I will do 40 cuttings for my coworker.

Attachments

• FB83D900-B032-4F10-951F-58FC7B9AC784.jpeg
    FB83D900-B032-4F10-951F-58FC7B9AC784.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 24

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
The ones I go from @Pittoon have just one thick trunk. I'd take a picture but it's raining.

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
Last weekend I pruned them back. The growth this year is so so. I am going to fertilizer a bit heavier in the spring.
52CBCE19-445C-43FF-AFDD-09B2204B9E9E.jpeg
059248E7-D3A5-4ACA-9214-0386F7E519A0.jpeg

Cajunrider

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
9A
The whole base is budding! How thick are you shooting for?
As big as I can get it. These grow very slowly. As you can see from last year pictures, this will explode with many shoots and grow quick, bearing many flowers. Yet the base will grow just a little. I am letting them grow to create a strong demand so the base will thicken. I will also lower the soil line to expose the base to keep it dry to prevent the rot that they are prone to have in my wet climate.

BrightsideB

Omono
Reaction score
USDA Zone
7a
As big as I can get it. These grow very slowly. As you can see from last year pictures, this will explode with many shoots and grow quick, bearing many flowers. Yet the base will grow just a little. I am letting them grow to create a strong demand so the base will thicken. I will also lower the soil line to expose the base to keep it dry to prevent the rot that they are prone to have in my wet climate.
Nice! I imagine by selecting some of the lower shoots to cut back and allowing others to grow it can help shape the lower trunk and nebari.

Carol 83

Flower Girl
Reaction score
Mine from @Pitoon actually have actually grown like crazy and have a pretty big base. I'd take a picture but they're in the garage and it's raining.

Top Bottom