Nova bonsai garden

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
I have been using Sevin for over 30 years now. In class I was taught that Sevin was only effective when consumed by chewing insects. In use I found I get a very quick knockdown by contact. They start dropping within minutes and after about an hour or so they are gone.
I only need to do this once a year and it has been effective for me.
The smell of malathion is very disagreeable to me. I have no problem with Sevin.
I was recommended Sevin powder for the bugs that were eating my trident. Never saw what it was, but the eating stopped. I liked it so much that I bought a spray on bottle for big insects when I see them around.

penumbra

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
I only need to do this once a year and it has been effective for me.
I thought this needed explaining. Sevin does not last a long time. This is why I like it. It is fine up to day of harvest on edibles. I use it once a year because that is when the Japanese beetles are out.
Sorry to clutter this thread, I'm outta here......

Maiden69

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Wheel bug nymph.

I found an adult in my garden. Only one in 2 years.

Attachments

• C637B0AD-5D9C-4AB9-9C3F-D2A03FD783F5.png
    C637B0AD-5D9C-4AB9-9C3F-D2A03FD783F5.png
    368.8 KB · Views: 26

rockm

Spuds Moyogi
Reaction score
USDA Zone
Beautiful Virginia morning. Still not used to being able to say that about anything outside of my air-conditioned bubble in mid-July.

View attachment 447106
Don't jinx it 😁 We've been extremely lucky this summer with only two(!) 90 degree days this month and low (er) humidity mostly since May . Last year we had 28 90+ days in July. This has been an atypical summer.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Don't jinx it 😁 We've been extremely lucky this summer with only two(!) 90 degree days this month and low (er) humidity mostly since May . Last year we had 28 90+ days in July. This has been an atypical summer.
I don’t know rockm. 100% of the summers I’ve experienced since living in Virginia have been exactly like this one.

S

namnhi

Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
8b
Been triple digits almost everyday since you gone. Thought you promised to take all this crappy 100+ degree days with you before we allowed you to leave.

markyscott

Imperial Masterpiece
Reaction score
USDA Zone
6B
Been triple digits almost everyday since you gone. Thought you promised to take all this crappy 100+ degree days with you before we allowed you to leave.
I’ve been feeling for all my Houston friends. Weather forecast almost looks like it was written in binary. 31219C64-2FDF-43B2-A191-CFD4CC5AD56C.jpeg

Top Bottom